Sheffield Roads Nearly As Bad As In 2011

Looked out the window other week and saw a van parked on our cul-de- sac with the lettering "Amey Inspection Unit" or similar. I tapped on the side window and asked if they would log a seriously bad sunken grate about 1/4 of a mile away on the main road. He said we don't do that area, but made a note of it, I hope.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Shouldn't be too much of an issue with good suspension. Mind you at the junction of Hanover Way and Glossop Road, just where the tram tracks start, there's a huge pot hole that always makes the bus shake and jump when it goes over it. You can hear the driver's change float rattle.

Get it reported 8).

It's your duty as an upstanding citizen of Sheffield :thumbsup:.

There must be some industry figures somewhere but you wouldn't believe how common the replacing of 'Broken Springs' has become.

• Like 1

Use the 'Fix My Street' app.

Here's the website: https://www.fixmystreet.com

Just find your location and report it. You can add a photo and describe the problem.

They have an app for when you're out and about.

Each report takes less than a minute once you're used to it, the website/app automatically forwards it to the council and logs it as an issue and if you're registered you get updates through email, etc.

Easy.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Just find your location and report it. You can add a photo and describe the problem.

Each report takes less than a minute once you're used to it, the website/app automatically forwards it to the council and logs it as an issue and if you're registered you get updates through email, etc.

Easy.

I tend to use this to report highway issues. They are often fixed within a few days, so it is worth doing.

45 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Easy.

53 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Get it reported 8).

It's your duty as an upstanding citizen of Sheffield :thumbsup:.

There must be some industry figures somewhere but you wouldn't believe how common the replacing of 'Broken Springs' has become.

Thank you both.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hackey lad said:

I thought that was the point of the Amey contract 

I think that's a bit naive. The point of the Amey contract, from Amey's point of view at least, is to give as much money as possible to shareholders. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Delbow said:

I think that's a bit naive. The point of the Amey contract, from Amey's point of view at least, is to give as much money as possible to shareholders. 

Tut tut tut , stop being silly ,its not their fault  or the councils . We've been told  , its our fault for not reporting things . 

Edited by hackey lad
  • Like 1