Tram Track Broken At Manor Top — No Trams To Halfway Or Herdings Park

25 minutes ago, Delbow said:

This might have been said already, but one way to increase the amount of money available for maintenance etc would be to collect some fare money. It's been a good while since they actually came round to collect the fare that I'm happy to pay.

The tram is operated (under contract) by a private sector operator.

Not collecting fares only damages their profits.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, GleadlessLad said:

Trams have run just between Townend (where there's a crossover) & Halfway & back - for weeks - during previous rail replacement work e.g. when they did City Rd, we had a rail replacement bus between town & Townend with folk then able to board a tram again Townend to continue their journeys towards Halfway.

A number of trams were between those two stops when the break was discovered, but for some unfathomable reason they were all just immediately sent back to the depot (the break's on the outbound track).

So I don't see why they couldn't have at least run the service between Townend & Halfway as they've successfully done in the past - on this occasion, they decided straight away not to bother.

Fair enough, I interpreted wrongly from the location it was on the inbound. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Resident said:

A quick Google search would have told you:

bl1.png

Sorry I didn’t have time to , was on a night shift and didn’t have the car due to football, or else I would’ve checked, had to catch the tram/ bus replacement at short notice 

12 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Went to town on the tram today . Guess what it broke , had to offload at Manor Top .  Faulty air horn . I truly hope Oliver can get this system running better .

He probably doesn't even know what an air horn is. 🤣

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/02/2024 at 13:37, hackey lad said:

Went to town on the tram today . Guess what it broke , had to offload at Manor Top .  Faulty air horn . I truly hope Oliver can get this system running better .

they are 30 years old. The tram will have been returned to depot to be fixed and a different tram will have been sent out to pick the service up in town.

• Like 1