Millwall V Sheffield Wednesday Fc

3 hours ago, m williamson said:

Personally I wouldn't mind if Wednesday got a result here. I've been to The Den on a few occasions following the Blades and let's say I don't have  particularly kind memories of the visits.

Nothing to do with the football, more to do with the ' reception '.

Unless they have finally entered the age of enlightenment - which I doubt - anyone going needs to take care.

Went to the old Den with the Owls for a mid week league cup tie back in the mid 70's.

Most of our coach  bought tickets for the upper tier of the main stand. A few Owls fans stood on what appeared to be the away end - little realising that you could move anywhere on the 3 terraced sides of the ground. As soon as they started a chant half the home end was on the move. You could transfer from the terrace to the lower tier of the main stand for about £1 which the Owls fans did. So did the Millwall fans - stewards did nowt.

After the game we got back to our coach to discover the front windscreen damaged by air rifle pellets.  Police held all the Wednesday coaches back in the car park - so as we drove towards the Old Kent Road, Millwall fans outside pubs were chucking  beer glasses at the coaches . Driver had to take the coach to Victoria coach station to swap for an undmamged one.

Oh and we lost 3-0.

10 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

So they've been counting the days until they play us. We love ending clubs poor runs. Need a win here otherwise we really are as good as down.

They were on a poor run when we played them at Hillsboro and they still did us 0-4 eeek.

14 hours ago, m williamson said:

Personally I wouldn't mind if Wednesday got a result here. I've been to The Den on a few occasions following the Blades and let's say I don't have  particularly kind memories of the visits.

Nothing to do with the football, more to do with the ' reception '.

Unless they have finally entered the age of enlightenment - which I doubt - anyone going needs to take care.

Even Leeds fans have to run onto the coaches at the end of the match to get away from Millwall fans

They are scary fans

1 hour ago, rogets said:

Even Leeds fans have to run onto the coaches at the end of the match to get away from Millwall fans

They are scary fans

It's impossible for away fans to get anywhere near the away coaches car park at the New Den.

Today's line up at Millwall.

Beadle,

Valentin,

Palmer,

Ihiekwe,

Bernard,

Johnson,

Vaulks,

Bannan,

Poveda,

Musaba,

Ugbo

Subs | Charles, Siqueira, B. Diaby, James, M. Diaby, Gassama, Wilks, Smith, Fletcher

My predictions have been surprisingly off recently, must do better

I will start by predicting a 2-1 defeat for the owls today in a must win game.

We go in at HT leading but eventually run out of steam.