Beaver Reintroduction Funding Approved

16 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Are we to believe that SCC have spent all our cash on their other vanity projects and now don't have the funds to employ real "experts" on how to control this matter, so have instead decided to rely on a bunch of unpaid labourers to solve it for us? :roll:

Maybe they think that these little fellows will just build their dams where SCC tell them they're needed? :hihi:

As for these statements:

The council have been working with the experts - for a long time - including Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust ecologists and Nature Recovery Managers for Water, the Environment Agency and more. As I said earlier, it has taken a long time to get to this point (which is still early in the process, but a huge step forward).

And yes, there are ways of ensuring Beaver will work in certain areas (indeed, the government mandate it currently!), and beaver reintroduction has been successful in several areas, including nearby in Derbyshire (with similar work from Derbyshire Wildlife Trust).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mister M said:

Or will someone on here turn up to make a smutty remark about having more beavers?

No, no, I can't fight it any longer.

All I can think of is Leslie Neilson in that Naked Gun film. 

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

I am all for this conservation of uplands and the introduction of Beavers . I just hope they are well cared for and clean because there nothing worse than a smelly one .

Apparently Beavers are delicious, and Canadians eat a lot of them!

contaminants-fact-sheets-beaver.pdf (gov.nt.ca)

It's taste is rich and moist, like beef

Exploring Exotic Tastes: What Does Beaver Taste Like? (americasrestaurant.com)

I don't think I would like it....I'm partial to a bit of pork ;)

Edited by Mister M

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

I am all for this conservation of uplands and the introduction of Beavers . I just hope they are well cared for and clean because there nothing worse than a smelly one .

So am I.    I would think they will be wild and therefore care for themselves,  but don't worry  -  they won't come and squat in your house