Sheffield Castle Cam. UPDATE: Culvert Cam!

Sheaf & Porter Rivers Trust have installed a camera to monitor the works going on at the old Castle Market site, the uncivering of parts of the old castle gatehouse and the bulding of the Sheaf Field park. Image should refresh every two hours or so. Full link here: https://www.sheafportertrust.org/castlecam

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

Brave.

They must be confident this really is all systems go, because surely even SCC wouldn't livestream a plot of land standing empty for years.

it's not an SCC camera ... is it?

(Sheaf and Porter Rivers Trust?)

i'm entertained to think that this is a tactical move by the S-P Rivers Trust - i'm sure there will be unavoidable hold-ups, but there will be added incentive to resolve them quickly if we can all monitor the progress! (or lack of)

• Like 3

It would be good if there was a chance of seeing some progress.

Looks like the grass is growing quicker than any improvements on the site. 

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

Looks like the grass is growing quicker than any improvements on the site. 

Ok, I appreciate I broke the cynicism seal with my first post on this thread, but let's be fair - the first digger hit the ground on Tuesday as far as I'm aware, and from the looks of the 12:41PM image as it is now, it looks like it is working on the site right up over by the Tap & Barrell, so probably not much you'd see from this angle.

From Sheaf & Porter Rivers Trust:

Another Castlecam?

Work has started on reclaiming the Sheffield Castle site at Castlegate and we have installed a webcam which you can see at https://www.sheafportertrust.org/castlecam. 

Unfortunately the view from Exchange Studios, generously donated to the Trust, can't include the amazing deculverting work which will take place later this year/next year as the rotting concrete culvert roof is removed. So we would love to install another webcam in one of the higher I Quarter flats overlooking the site. If you, or someone you know would care to share a window, donate a little bit of wifi, and give us a few watts of electricity we'd love to hear from you at info@sheafportertrust.org. Please add the subject line WEBCAM.

428031933_705735481762798_7670705306007841134_n.jpg.74489e543c04aebb3f9307e37f688e27.jpg

2 hours ago, AndrewC said:

Ok, I appreciate I broke the cynicism seal with my first post on this thread, but let's be fair - the first digger hit the ground on Tuesday as far as I'm aware, and from the looks of the 12:41PM image as it is now, it looks like it is working on the site right up over by the Tap & Barrell, so probably not much you'd see from this angle.

Truly sorry.  I was under the impression that they had already been working on it for many months and not just starting today.

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

Truly sorry.  I was under the impression that they had already been working on it for many months and not just starting today.

No, don't think so. They made an announcement about commencing works late last week, and I think I've only seen activity on the site about once in the last year or more before this week.

• Like 1