How Do I Win The Dwp?

Hello

I am currently in dispute with the DWP about a back payment of money.  The details are long.  I have approached a number of Sheffield Lawyers and a barrister's chambers in London all of whom have no idea what is going on and in some cases never got back to me!!!

Have you had, or do you know anyone, in a similar case who has gone to a law firm who knows what they are doing and has a knowledge of the Social Security system? 

Any help would be appreciated.

9 minutes ago, vipguy said:

Hello

I am currently in dispute with the DWP about a back payment of money.  The details are long.  I have approached a number of Sheffield Lawyers and a barrister's chambers in London all of whom have no idea what is going on and in some cases never got back to me!!!

Have you had, or do you know anyone, in a similar case who has gone to a law firm who knows what they are doing and has a knowledge of the Social Security system? 

Any help would be appreciated.

Citizens Advice Bureau?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vipguy said:

Hello

The DWP have been hopeless. 

Legal Aid is not available for this I know because I trained as a lawyer ironically.

Going to your MP in these situations can actually be useful. They have case workers who might be able to help and the DWP do tend to take MP complaints seriously.

With the DWP ,most things come down to rules and regulations, and like the bible you can find one rule that contradicts the other. So the idea is to Quote the rule that suits you. Rule books used to be published by CPAG (child poverty action group) and were around £12.00 a piece (many years ago) I'm not sure whether they still print them today, but a copy can be had in the main Library, with a little time you could save a fortune.

6 minutes ago, aardvark6535 said:

With the DWP ,most things come down to rules and regulations, and like the bible you can find one rule that contradicts the other. So the idea is to Quote the rule that suits you. Rule books used to be published by CPAG (child poverty action group) and were around £12.00 a piece (many years ago) I'm not sure whether they still print them today, but a copy can be had in the main Library, with a little time you could save a fortune.

Yes, they do, but as you say, a £12 cover price was many years ago: I think most CABs still use them.

https://cpag.org.uk/shop