Alex Navalny Dies In Prison

4 hours ago, Axe said:

Point me to where Axe has shown love for Putin. 

I expect World leaders especially World leaders from western countries to be diplomatic when they have not got factual evidence to support speculation. 

I think there is a great deal of speculation here on the Sheffield Forum.

However I believe that there are those world leaders who will have been told quite clearly from their reliable sources (maybe from wothin the Kremlin itself) that Putin did instigate the killing.

3 minutes ago, abbeyedges said:

I think there is a great deal of speculation here on the Sheffield Forum.

However I believe that there are those world leaders who will have been told quite clearly from their reliable sources (maybe from wothin the Kremlin itself) that Putin did instigate the killing.

Mmmmmm. Charles and Diana spring to.mind

5 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

All this sympathy for a known racist, likening Muslims to cockroaches, wanting immigrants out of Russia and having far right views, including having known Nazi sympathizers at his rallies years ago.

Must be a complete head spin for the lefties this one.

You make your choice , A known sympathiser of whatever ,     or a man who murdered a little lass in Salisbury who just happened to pick up a discarded scent bottle used to try and kill two more UK citizens ,  plus murdering countless others who opposed him 

It must be a dangerous job being a President or Prime Minister,  needing someone to watch your back all the time,  does anyone know how many world leaders have beeb asassinated in the last 50/60 years, ?

The latest line coming out of Russia is that Navalny was assassinated in a joint operation by MI6 & the CIA, who somehow managed to infiltrate a secure prison in a remote part of northern Russia.   No doubt some, in addition to Putin's regime, will believe this line. 

The authorities are also saying that they are holding on to Navalny's body for a second postmortem as the first was inconclusive.  This after stating hours earlier that a postmortem had yet to take place. 

Any story from Russia,  we can say that the truth will never be known.  although our lot are very sparing with it too.

Russia is heading deeper and deeper into the darkness.

Am reading 1984 at the moment and nothing about Russia seems to have changed since Orwell wrote it.

Navalny has become an "unperson" in Russia in a similar way to Winston's colleague Syme at the Ministry of Truth.

Difference is, the West will remember him and he will have a place in history, that Russia can never erase.

For the average Russian citizen, all they can really expect for their future under Putin is "A boot stamping on a human face forever..."

There is no way back for them until Putin goes.

Anyone with meeting access to him, a sharpened pencil and a desire to be forever remembered as a Hero of Mother Russia, could achieve this and give decent Russians a chance for a different destiny.

Until that happens the West must spend, spend, spend on their militaries and outlast them how we outlasted them last time.

Stand together until their whole system collapses under the unaffordability of competing militarily with the West.

Isolate them and their friends, constantly beam a freedom loving Western consumer lifestyle into their hermit kingdom, corrupt them from the bottom until their system collapses.

On 16/02/2024 at 18:19, The_DADDY said:

I'm dining with Vlad tomorrow so I'll ask him for his side of the story 👍

I bet the lifts in his apartment work, that he can turn off his telescreen, has access to wine and has an Asiatic manservant called Martin?

Perhaps he could give you an Inner Party job rooting out Thought Criminals?

Don't appear too clever or speak too freely though...as you to could end up in the Cheshnut Tree Cafe before becoming an "unperson"...

Still fancy it?

Or would you prefer to live in a flawed democracy?

4 hours ago, crazyhorse said:

I bet the lifts in his apartment work, that he can turn off his telescreen, has access to wine and has an Asiatic manservant called Martin?

Perhaps he could give you an Inner Party job rooting out Thought Criminals?

Don't appear too clever or speak too freely though...as you to could end up in the Cheshnut Tree Cafe before becoming an "unperson"...

Still fancy it?

Or would you prefer to live in a flawed democracy?

My bold.

Fancy what? Living in Russia under Putin?