First Political Influences?

41 minutes ago, Axe said:

Ted Heath was a big influence on Margaret Thatcher because she was determined not to let the miners unions bring down her government.  

Quite so.  She started off a chain of events which have brought down our country instead.

She decided that if we buy everything abroad instead of making it ourselves, we wouldn't have any unions to bother about.

She was correct but it means that we put money in our competitors pockets instead of our own and foreign interests own half of our country.

We showed the world how to do everything and now we can't build a railway line and we can't afford anything,  except a royal family for PA purposes.

Yes,   Thatcher certainly achieved a few things.    Have you not seen the NHS & Railway unions giving the tories a kicking in return ?     Sunak will be glad to leave No 10.

What goes around comes around.

2 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Thats better. At least you’re contributing.

And in plain English rather than sheep.

I do wish some of our members had gone to school.

Ted Heath,  by the way,  was the only Tory Prime Minister,  since WW2,   who could have got me to vote Conservative.

He never quite managed it because Harold was there but,  faced with today's choice,  I would have been a Tory.

I'll say this!  None of this Goverment over the last 13 years will influence anyone unless they are habitual liars with a criminal mind, all the lie telling through Covid, PM's playing musical chairs, ruining the economy, Flashers, you name they have done it,  they have embarrased this Country around the World. :roll: