Do You Use The Moor Market For All Your Food Shopping Or Only For Bits?

Do you use the Moor Market for your food shopping  and how do you find the prices against the supermarkets? 

If you do what do you buy food wise is there anything missing in the market food wise that you think is needed? The last time I went in I noticed a new Chinese stall had recently opened up also meat and fish seems to be well catered along with  bakery items. 

Don't use it for anything (I live fairly centrally but still a 25-30 minute walk).  I can get to the perfectly adequate Tesco on Saville St in 10 minutes. so that will do for me.  The Old Castle Market would have been within 5 minutes walk though. 

No disrespect to the excellent Beer 'Central' (in the Moor Market) though - great business run by lovely people (albeit almost in Dronfield)

The prices in the Market are rising , noticed in the butchers last Friday ,  

The Management are expecting the traders to pay the loan that was taken out to build the place , 

It can not work as lots of stalls are empty of traders ,

So the rents will rise , and we the council tax payers will also have to suffer due to the bad  planning of how to pay for the building costs .

Only really go to the market to shop at Dearne Farm Foods stall.  I like their pies & they also have a great selection of cheeses.  Far more selection than you can get from over the other side of The Moor from Sainsbury's. 

I go in for certain herbs and spices, also go to Turners bread stall and Wateralls for their sausage and pork pie, at least I know it's freshly made and not been sat on a supermarket shelf for a week.

IMO the Moor Market is in the wrong place, right down at the bottom of the Moor. It always seems dark and gloomy to me, and devoid of any building merits.. It would be better housed in the more central, old John Lewis building.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Anna B said:

IMO the Moor Market is in the wrong place, right down at the bottom of the Moor. It always seems dark and gloomy to me, and devoid of any building merits.. It would be better housed in the more central, old John Lewis building.

I agree Anna. What a good idea to house it in the old John Lewis building.

• Like 1

Just now, pattricia said:

What do you mean the old John Lewis building is riddled with asbestos. ?

I mean, the old John Lewis building is riddled with asbestos. How else would you like me to type it. In French? Latin? Esperanto?  Backwards?

• Haha 2