Have We Got Used To People Looking Different Now?

I quite welcome all the different looks,  who were the forerunners,  the skinheads,  Mohican haircut trenders,  crew cut wearers, Rachel haircut in Friends,  all Madonna's inventive looks,

hot pants,  mini skirts (Mary Quant) coloured streaks in hair.

I've seen grey bits covered in Henna and hair pieces some not matching.

Any looks which stand out for you,  ones you favour ones you don't?

7 minutes ago, melthebell said:

we should have got used to it now, the old punks, skins, mod revialists and metallers are becoming grandparents now

Have they completely changed their style,  or can you say 'I recognize them when they wore metal chains'?

Have we got used to people looking different now?

I personally don't think we do look any different now. If you look around the streets at people today thay all seem to dress the same way..

I think there is a lack of style and individuality. I think the colours are bland and more often dark. 

On a slightly different note - I saw London Fashion Week being publicised this morning and all the commentators were waxing lyrical about how diverse the Fashion Week now is. One sector missing from the catwalk was MEN.

Look at the way men dress today and generally speaking we (I include myself here) are slobs. 

Obviously there has been looks, fashions and styles that I don't particularly like but always appreciate, however, the modern trend of pumping stuff into lips is quite grotesque and I've honestly not met anyone who thinks it looks anything but absolutely ridiculous. The fake eyebrows, hair extensions, boobs and lips, not to mention the ridiculous teeth bleaching makes ladies look like cartoon characters!

Can anyone explain to me why they do it?

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Obviously there has been looks, fashions and styles that I don't particularly like but always appreciate, however, the modern trend of pumping stuff into lips is quite grotesque and I've honestly not met anyone who thinks it looks anything but absolutely ridiculous. The fake eyebrows, hair extensions, boobs and lips, not to mention the ridiculous teeth bleaching makes ladies look like cartoon characters!

Can anyone explain to me why they do it?

Peer pressure and following trends.  I agree it looks hideous.  

Edited by pfifes

8 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Tattoos, fat lips, fishing tackle through their noses.
The ones that stand out are the ones with none of the above.

Why folks want to disfigure their bodies like that simply beggars belief in my opinion.

• Like 1

I remember seeing a tanned,  bare-chested bloke wearing a medallion (Robin Hood's Bay)  about thirty years ago,  quite muscley and wonder if he kept up his physical fitness because I never see any men in their sixties with huge muscles.  (not that I want to,  of course)