Have We Got Used To People Looking Different Now?

5 minutes ago, cressida said:

It's getting worse with some goofs trying to gatecrash the thread,  I try to liven the forum up a bit and it gets spoilt,  I'll ask SDF to close it for the time being,  Palomar was

correct when he said they ned thei own play area.

And I thought we were doing well.

The discussion progressed  from the initial 'people looking different', to comparing previous 'fashion trends'.

And has included your 'Goth' question, so why the request to close the subject?

I don't get it.

2 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

And I thought we were doing well.

The discussion progressed  from the initial 'people looking different', to comparing previous 'fashion trends'.

And has included your 'Goth' question, so why the request to close the subject?

I don't get it.

:thumbsup:

In the 70's and 80's  it was the trend to stand out like the peace lovers of the 60's.
I think the young have got very sensitive to how they look and don't want to stand out individually.
I was always impressed with how much Goths put into their dress and characters and still impressed with Steam Punk.
I like to visit Whitby in the summer for at least a weekend.
This is an absolute must if you love Dracula or like a bit of comedy.
There were rooks roosting on the Abbey during the performance when a dramatic bit sent them all flying at thesame time.
The actor said to the crowd "Mmm, looks like they've increased the budget this year". Classic!

https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/whats-on/whitby-abbey-dracula-sat-20-july-mon-26-aug-24/

• Like 1

Right:

I've had another think a bout this.

All of us lived the moment.

Music fashioned how people looked then,

Music fashions how people look now. *

We understand why people want to look like scruffs, as much as parents understood why us Teddy boys wanted to look smart.

Keep safe out there 8)

* doesn't say much for their choice of music :hihi:

42 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Right:

I've had another think a bout this.

All of us lived the moment.

Music fashioned how people looked then,

Music fashions how people look now. *

We understand why people want to look like scruffs, as much as parents understood why us Teddy boys wanted to look smart.

Keep safe out there 8)

* doesn't say much for their choice of music :hihi:

Don’t forget the D & A  haircuts 

I also think music played it’s part on how people looked.

Brylcreem must have been thanking it’s lucky stars when the Teddy Boy look was so popular, it must have made a decent profit for the manufacturer of the stuff.  However when the Beatles became famous with their much longer and less perfectly styled hair I’m sure Brylceem profits didn’t do as well. 

Can you still buy Brylcreem?

9 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Don’t forget the D & A  haircuts 

I didn't #11.

But the DA can only be compared to the Punk rockers Mohican.

Rod Stewart's (horrible) feather cut , the skin heads (lack of) and the hippies long hair.

My DA is becoming more of a rear comb over now  :cry:.

Keep safe out there  8) 

12 hours ago, hauxwell said:

I also think music played it’s part on how people looked.

Brylcreem must have been thanking it’s lucky stars when the Teddy Boy look was so popular, it must have made a decent profit for the manufacturer of the stuff.  However when the Beatles became famous with their much longer and less perfectly styled hair I’m sure Brylceem profits didn’t do as well. 

Can you still buy Brylcreem?

Happy Daze when there was a glass Brylcreem dispenser in't gents.

Last time I saw one was at a Rock 'n' Roll do Birmingham in the 80's .

The thing with Brylcreem is, you have to plaster it on.

Hair gel, now that's a different matter. 

Rub it in, style it, and jobs a good un 8).

On 18/02/2024 at 11:06, PRESLEY said:

I think Women  having lips and bums made bigger is ridiculous but when it comes to Boobs, the bigger the better. :heyhey:

I have a theory that there will be an evolutionary offshoot of women who will become predominantly a giant buttock with an oversized thumb and a curved spine...

This will come from only doing glute exercises in the gym and from constantly being on their phone.

I go to the gym and see lasses doing nothing but glute exercises to gain a massive backside and they look all out of proportion with their skinny arms. I don't get the hype around having an out of proportion body part.

• Haha 1