Mobile Phones In Schools

2 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Do you mean to ask the children to hand their phones over or tell them and enforce that by searching their bag and frisking them down?

If there is no phone school policy introduced by the government then I expect all parents to stop their children taking a phone to school.  If a no phone policy is introduced by the government and a child is caught with a mobile phone then the phone should be confiscated and destroyed.  End of.

2 minutes ago, Axe said:

If there is no phone school policy introduced by the government then I expect all parents to stop their children taking a phone to school.  If a no phone policy is introduced by the government and a child is caught with a mobile phone then the phone should be confiscated and destroyed.  End of.

I do believe the laws around criminal damage and theft would prhobit that.

1 minute ago, Axe said:

Unfortunately the Government have issued guidance, so schools will more than likely just keep with the policy they already have, that bans the use of mobile phones.

4 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I do believe the laws around criminal damage and theft would prhobit that.

Stop contributing nonsense. The government can introduce new laws to allow phones to be destroyed if children are caught using them at school.  Motor vehicles caught without road tax or insurance can be crushed.

8 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Unfortunately the Government have issued guidance, so schools will more than likely just keep with the policy they already have, that bans the use of mobile phones.

Keep awake.  The discussion is about a plan to stop school children using phones while at school and replacing guidance.

7 minutes ago, Axe said:

Stop contributing nonsense. The government can introduce new laws to allow phones to be destroyed if children are caught using them at school.  Motor vehicles caught without road tax or insurance can be crushed.

Don't tell me what I can and cannot contribute, I will contribute what I like, regardless of your opinion. 

Schools are part of the education department, not law enforcement. School staff have no powers to destroy anything. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Don't tell me what I can and cannot contribute, I will contribute what I like, regardless of your opinion. 

Schools are part of the education department, not law enforcement. School staff have no powers to destroy anything. 

As my grandma used to say  "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink"

7 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

You tell him Irene!

You'll have to excuse Axe, he likes to tell folk what they can and cannot do, and has delusions of grandeur that he's above everyone else. Take him with a pinch of salt. I do.

• Like 1