Mobile Phones In Schools

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

You tell him Irene!

You'll have to excuse Axe, he likes to tell folk what they can and cannot do, and has delusions of grandeur that he's above everyone else. Take him with a pinch of salt. I do.

Thank you. It's strange how these new names keep cropping up and causing arguments for the sake of it.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mister M said:

You tell him Irene!

You'll have to excuse Axe, he likes to tell folk what they can and cannot do, and has delusions of grandeur that he's above everyone else. Take him with a pinch of salt. I do.

2 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Thank you. It's strange how these new names keep cropping up and causing arguments for the sake of it.

Looks like the Cheeky Girls have a new recruit.   Bless em. 

My daughter having a mobile phone in school was a Godsend. She would contact me when she was getting bullied, if she was feeling unwell or just wanted to talk to me however she was taught to use her phone responsibly. Only once did she use it during class when her teacher was going on Another rant about being a feminist and anyone who isn't supports the patriarchy 🙄

Apparently the teacher looked quite shocked when the head of year rocked up and told her to stop it. She never did it again either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My daughter having a mobile phone in school was a Godsend. She would contact me when she was getting bullied, if she was feeling unwell or just wanted to talk to me however she was taught to use her phone responsibly. Only once did she use it during class when her teacher was going on Another rant about being a feminist and anyone who isn't supports the patriarchy 🙄

Apparently the teacher looked quite shocked when the head of year rocked up and told her to stop it. She never did it again either. 

Perhaps your daughter would have coped better and been stronger  in the good old days before mobile phones were invented. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Axe said:

Perhaps your daughter would have coped better and been stronger  in the good old days before mobile phones were invented. 

Unlikely. Back in the day before mobile phones she would likely have been bullied even more. 

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

Unlikely. Back in the day before mobile phones she would likely have been bullied even more. 

Or maybe she would have stood up to the alleged bullies and given them a dose of their own medicine instead of phoning her Daddy.