Mobile Phones In Schools

4 minutes ago, cressida said:

National Service maybe more useful though.

National Service should certainly be brought back.  Perhaps the way forward is for young offenders who use to be sent to borstals to have to serve their sentence doing  National Service with the years added for the crime committed to the length of time they serve National Service. 

2 hours ago, Axe said:

Keep awake.  The discussion is about a plan to stop school children using phones while at school and replacing guidance.

Is that what you do, just spout nonsense when you have lost the argument?

Schools in England have been given new guidance intended to stop the use of mobile phones during the school day.

But one school leaders' union said the most compulsive use of phones happened out of school and called the change a "non-policy for a non-problem".

The guidance comes almost three years after the government first called for a ban on phones in schools.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68334602

3 minutes ago, Axe said:

National Service should certainly be brought back.  Perhaps the way forward is for young offenders who use to be sent to borstals to have to serve their sentence doing  National Service with the years added for the crime committed to the length of time they serve National Service. 

More ideas, more choices 👍

7 minutes ago, cressida said:

More ideas, more choices 👍

That's the way forward to  make changes and have new ideas as well as bringing backing traditional values and discipline. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Is that what you do, just spout nonsense when you have lost the argument?

Schools in England have been given new guidance intended to stop the use of mobile phones during the school day.

But one school leaders' union said the most compulsive use of phones happened out of school and called the change a "non-policy for a non-problem".

The guidance comes almost three years after the government first called for a ban on phones in schools.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68334602

I have not lost any argument. I just report facts.  The facts are the new guidance  is intended to stop the use by children of using mobile phones while at school. It is irrelevant what one school union leader says because they are not part of the government and do not make the rules, guidance or laws. 

11 minutes ago, cressida said:

Do you believe most of the electorate are still keen on those values,  definitely crime control I agree.

I believe most of the electorate are keen on traditional values and would support any party who has a manifesto to get tough on crime, bring back traditional values and ignore modern day snowflakes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Don’t forget the bad lads having a fag behind the shed  .

Chattin the Birds up at play time was my main  priority with a view to meeting them at the back of the bike sheds,  smokin was the last thing on my filthy little mind, :heyhey:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Axe said:

Or maybe she would have stood up to the alleged bullies and given them a dose of their own medicine instead of phoning her Daddy. 

What's wrong with phoning my Daddy if I'm scared or being hit again. Nothing is wrong and he made them stop the bullying. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Axe said:

I believe most of the electorate are keen on traditional values and would support any party who has a manifesto to get tough on crime, bring back traditional values and ignore modern day snowflakes. 

My bold:  The Tories have been in power for 14 years  -  can you tell us why they haven't done these things before if they believe in them so fervently ? 

Just remember that manifesto's are just good intentions or promises and we've seen how well Tory promises fare.            For instance -

Have they stopped the boats yet ? Have they got immigration down yet ?  Have they got the economy going yet.

Axe keeps blaming Covid and the war in Ukraine but Sunak knew about them when he made his promises     -    those promises were still broken,  as every one always is.