Mysterious Buildings On Oxford Street?

Hello

Does anyone remember the strange buildings (approx 3) On Oxford Street or just off Oxford Street?   They were there until around 1980's? 

What was their purpose?

What were they built for?

Any ideas please?

Hello

They were, I believe, not actually part of the street on Oxford Street but were "off" the road.  Probably sort of prefabricated and around 2 or 3 buildings that looked out of keeping with the landscape.  My brother says they were around probably until the 1980's. 

6 minutes ago, vipguy said:

Hello

They were, I believe, not actually part of the street on Oxford Street but were "off" the road.  Probably sort of prefabricated and around 2 or 3 buildings that looked out of keeping with the landscape.  My brother says they were around probably until the 1980's. 

Near the top on the old rec?

Were they prefabs as part of the school?

1218061019_Screenshot2024-02-19at14_44_56.png.1354c01ea53390d47da72fd1cf247951.png

And perhaps these are them?

spacer.png

Description from Picture Sheffield: "Crookesmoor Recreation Ground with part of Crookesmoor County School in the foreground looking towards Bromley Street (extreme right); Wentworth Street and Martin Street; St. Stephens Chuch in the background."

And the notes: "The prefabricated buildings of Crookesmoor County School were being used for Girls and Infants according to the Directories of 1954 and 1963."

Great stuff! 👍

Yes, they are the buildings and thanks for the information.  Just that a friend and my brother were talking about them the other day and remembered them when they were kids.