Breathtaking Itv Coronavirus Drama On Tonight At 9:00pm

Mister M

47 minutes ago, Mister M said:

ITV Breathtaking PPE scandal explained - shortage riddle, who got rich and who was to blame (msn.com)

Written by NHS palliative care doctor Dr Rachel Clarke.

Should be very good.

Hmmm.  A drama i.e. a work of fiction written from a clearly baised point of view from a NHS doctor.  

One of those Junior Doctors who apparently was soooo stressed out and soooo on the edge of breaking due to the demands of their job that they managed to find enough time to write three books, be the dahling of the news shows providing her opinion on the pay disputes and has now managed to find time to adapt and produce a TV drama. 

I dont think so.  She can do one as far as I concerned.   

Perhaps when there is a properly independently researched, factual based, non-sensationalised journalistic reporting on the so called 'scandal' then I might be interested. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mister M said:

ITV Breathtaking PPE scandal explained - shortage riddle, who got rich and who was to blame (msn.com)

Written by NHS palliative care doctor Dr Rachel Clarke.

Should be very good.

Who got rich = Tories mates.     Who's to blame = Tories

Enjoyed watching it and looking forward to the rest.

After The Post Office and Covid,  who needs a general election ?     We already know who we don't want.

11 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Hmmm.  A drama i.e. a work of fiction written from a clearly baised point of view from a NHS doctor.  

One of those Junior Doctors who apparently was soooo stressed out and soooo on the edge of breaking due to the demands of their job that they managed to find enough time to write three books, be the dahling of the news shows providing her opinion on the pay disputes and has now managed to find time to adapt and produce a TV drama. 

I dont think so.  She can do one as far as I concerned.   

Perhaps when there is a properly independently researched, factual based, non-sensationalised journalistic reporting on the so called 'scandal' then I might be interested. 

It could well be the same junior doctors that have worked 5 years at University to become qualified and then when facing thousands of pounds of student debt are expected to work for less than many other sectors of our society.

Of course they are told 'well it's a vocation, you shouldn't be doing it for the money'

This particular person may well be writing books in order to pay back their student loan. 

Finally, studying medicine is no Mickey Mouse qualification. 

3 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

It could well be the same junior doctors that have worked 5 years at University to become qualified and then when facing thousands of pounds of student debt are expected to work for less than many other sectors of our society.

Of course they are told 'well it's a vocation, you shouldn't be doing it for the money'

This particular person may well be writing books in order to pay back their student loan. 

Finally, studying medicine is no Mickey Mouse qualification. 

So what? Lots of graduates do that. Lots of graduates spend years paying back their loans throughout their careers - why do doctors think they are so special. 

The basic starting salary of a foundation year doctor is a damn sight more than most, say, post grad trainee solicitors get.  Certainly more than a starting wage of, say, a qualified social worker gets.  They will have all worked just as hard for their degrees and vocational courses. 

By the time a junior doctor reaches registrar level, their basic salaries are around £50,000 to £63,000 a year.   Let's compare that to average wage of a qualified solicitor  between around £43,000 to £56,000, or qualified social workers about £40,000-£45,000.  

Junior doctors are far from destitute no matter  how much placard waving or woe is me  TV  appearances they do.  

I take umbridge to the fact that this particular whiny doctor has been very vocal in her demands for better pay and conditions, with lots of bleating on in the print and television media about juniors being subjected to overworking ... about being so stressed out... about being constantly at breaking point... about not being able to cope with the relentless pressures... Yet she has miraculously managed to squeeze in enough time to write three books, do an endless parade of media appearances and now produce the television drama.  

Don't know about you - but to me, makes her look disingenuous.  Makes me even less inclined to watch her clearly one sided opinion piece of drama which will have about as much reality and insight as Button Moon. 

• Thanks 1