Why Don't People Use The Sheffield Connect Bus?

1 hour ago, ECCOnoob said:

They'd be shouted down, abused and slagged off before they could get their first announcement out.  

You get shouted down just for not towing the Sheffield Forum party-line that everything that happens in Sheffield must be bad and awful or down to Council corruption/incompetence (even things that have nothing to do with the Council)!

I've worked in healthcare for 20 years, never come close to working for the Council, but I've often been 'accused' on here of working for them, usually just because I've had the audacity of providing context to something that doesn't completely shine a bad light on them.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Maybe. But pity the poor sod who openly admits on this forum that they work or are speaking as a representative of the council.

They'd be shouted down, abused and slagged off before they could get their first announcement out.  

I suffered that fate for daring to speak about some positive things and pointing out that the council do actually do some good things.

Just a few weeks ago I was apparently a council stooge, worked for the South Yorkshire Mayor or was just some kind of devil. 🤣

Hopefully that attitude will pass with time — I think most sensible people can understand that not everything is binary and that organisations can do some good things as well as bad (and that the good things should be celebrated as much as the bad things should be criticised).

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

I suffered that fate for daring to speak about some positive things and pointing out that the council do actually do some good things.

Just a few weeks ago I was apparently a council stooge, worked for the South Yorkshire Mayor or was just some kind of devil. 🤣

Hopefully that attitude will pass with time — I think most sensible people can understand that not everything is binary and that organisations can do some good things as well as bad (and that the good things should be celebrated as much as the bad things should be criticised).

Hmmm... :huh:

I suspect most sensible people left the forum a long time ago... :hihi:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

My personal issue with the Connect bus is that I’ve no idea where it stops. I’ve never consciously seen one running and not noticed any signs for stops or anything, so I’d have to do a bit of research as to where it actually is and where it goes.

I think you have hit the nail on the head appalling marketing it should be regularly circling both ways and bus stops should have far more prominent signage. Never have I heard an announcement on tram to change here for the Connect bus to……. no doubt loads of people will once again jump up and shout about competition and different companies but this is exactly what is wrong with sheffield

Just now, BigAl1 said:

I think you have hit the nail on the head appalling marketing it should be regularly circling both ways and bus stops should have far more prominent signage. Never have I heard an announcement on tram to change here for the Connect bus to……. no doubt loads of people will once again jump up and shout about competition and different companies but this is exactly what is wrong with sheffield

You don't get that on buses which do have audio and visual announcements either - even in the Brighton & Hove area, where they do have both, the only audio announcements you do hear are for the odd tourist attraction and at a couple of stops where the majority of services kind of merge.

I got a free bus in Manchester recently, it links the train stations up. It's a normal bus in the normal bus colours but says 'Free Bus' on it and on the bus stops. It's the no. 1, which probably helps people remember which one is the free one.