Why Don't People Use The Sheffield Connect Bus?

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Couple of points of error there. SFBeca is no longer modding on here, my name isn't Jack, and at least two of the respondents on here have worked/are still working in the PSV industry.

Yes, she is. It could be said that making a post purely to falsely claim someone has made an error is 'trolling'.

1 minute ago, NERVY-OWL said:

The lack of publicity doesn't help the service. There's been many getting on that have said they didn't know it existed or it had been took off. The livery on them doesn't particularly stand out either. 

I believe the electric  buses will stand out more if the picture I've seen is correct aswell as them being bigger although I'm still not sure why bigger buses are needed on it anytime soon.

Ordering new/bigger buses is a huge waste of money. Better promotion of the service, such as large posters at the station and paying for a stop to be installed on site of the station would be a better use of funds. 

1 minute ago, NERVY-OWL said:

The lack of publicity doesn't help the service. There's been many getting on that have said they didn't know it existed or it had been took off. The livery on them doesn't particularly stand out either. 

I believe the electric  buses will stand out more if the picture I've seen is correct aswell as them being bigger although I'm still not sure why bigger buses are needed on it anytime soon.

They should do - big GREEN ones, although as you say, whether they are needed is very moot.

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

Yes, she is. It could be said that making a post purely to falsely claim someone has made an error is 'trolling'.

No she isn't - I think you will find user  'Sheffield Forum' has taken over that duty.

6 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

They should do - big GREEN ones, although as you say, whether they are needed is very moot.

No she isn't - I think you will find user  'Sheffield Forum' has taken over that duty.

Electric versions of the current mini buses would be more than enough I'd say, I don't think I've had a close to full bus yet doing them. Unless they're trying to future proof the service incase it does become busier but it needs to be advertised much better for that to happen.

Just now, SheffieldForum said:

Again, let’s stick to debating the topics and the posts rather than the person posting, please (everyone!). 🙏

No problem @SheffieldForum - most of us are trying to, but if someone posts erroneous information, we surely have aright  to try and correct it?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Electric versions of the current mini buses would be more than enough I'd say, I don't think I've had a close to full bus yet doing them. Unless they're trying to future proof the service incase it does become busier but it needs to be advertised much better for that to happen.

As it merely duplicates existing services, why would it become busier - and I'm not 'getting at' you.

6 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

That's what was the downfall of the services to Manchester Airport, in my opinion, a lack of advertising. TSY and companies need to work together to better promote routes. Some bus stops, such as outside Domino's on West Street, don't even have timetables on them!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

No problem @SheffieldForum - most of us are trying to, but if someone posts erroneous information, we surely have aright  to try and correct it?

Indeed and absolutely — correct the content of the post without resorting to getting personal with the person posting.

“Post, not poster!” 👍