Why Don't People Use The Sheffield Connect Bus?

10 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

You are not to retired transport worker. You served sandwiches from a trolley on behalf of a contract catering company. 

I was a member of onboard train crew and I was responsible for operating train equipment and station security restricted access areas as well as much more than you will ever know in your ambulance chasing law firm.

6 minutes ago, Resident said:

You pulled a trolley of sandwiches up and down a train. You weren't a conductor or a driver. You were a shop worker. 

You are extremely naive. You have no understanding of how on-board crew work or contemplation of the fact that a train is not a shop. You have proved your lack of knowledge in such an area. You obviously do not know how the transport industry works.

10 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

But, it’s an interchange. 

By the very definition it is there for people to change from trains to buses, is it not? That’s why it is close to the train station.

The interchange IS the bus stop for the station?!

No. The Interchange is not on the site of the railway station. It's a separate site, divided by often rainy and cold roads and a public footway that often contains beggars and antisocial behaviouralists. It's known as an interchange because people can change from one bus to another there, e.g. someone changing from the X5 from Dinnington could catch the 218 to Bakewell from the same site.

10 hours ago, RollingJ said:

You are a 'retired' customer service assistant on the railway. The Sheffield Connect service was a vanity project dreamt up by  Terry Fox and Da n Jarvis. As stated the tram service is already a direc

I am a retired transport worker.   Speaking from experience, I know what I am better than you do. I do agree with you that the Sheffield Connect scheme is pointless virtue signalling. However, if it was ever going to be a success, it should have connected the city centre amenities and the railway station directly. If you have read any of my previous posts, you would know that I actually think public funds should be supporting an interticket tram link scheme, connecting the railway station tram stop with as far as the Cathedral, rather than the waste of energy Connect scheme. You choose to jump on bandwagons and post laughing emojis against my posts but it doesn't seem that you read them fully.

23 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

No. The Interchange is not on the site of the railway station. It's a separate site, divided by often rainy and cold roads and a public footway that often contains beggars and antisocial behaviouralists. It's known as an interchange because people can change from one bus to another there, e.g. someone changing from the X5 from Dinnington could catch the 218 to Bakewell from the same site.

Not to want to argue the point too much, but every definition of Transport Interchange I can find says it is for connecting different modes of transport.

An interchange does not need to be on the exact same site, just nearby (within comfortable walking distance).

i.e. The interchange at Hillsborough is for changing between bus and tram. The Interchange at Meadowhall connects bus, train and tram services. The interchange in the city centre is for changing between train and bus (and coach), and tram close by too.

Sheffield Interchange’s own information states: The Interchange is integrated with the city's railway station by way of a signposted covered walkway between the two; it is a short walk from the city centre and the nearest Supertram stop (Fitzalan Square/Ponds Forge).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Not to want to argue the point too much, but every definition of Transport Interchange I can find says it is for connecting different modes of transport.

An interchange does not need to be on the exact same site, just nearby (within comfortable walking distance).

i.e. The interchange at Hillsborough is for changing between bus and tram. The Interchange at Meadowhall connects bus, train and tram services. The interchange in the city centre is for changing between train and bus (and coach), and tram close by too.

Sheffield Interchange’s own information states: The Interchange is integrated with the city's railway station by way of a signposted covered walkway between the two; it is a short walk from the city centre and the nearest Supertram stop (Fitzalan Square/Ponds Forge).

Where is the covered walkway between the bus and train station? Just out of interest.

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Where is the covered walkway between the bus and train station? Just out of interest.

Exit the train station, turn right and over the pedestrian crossing. 

It's a little bit disingenuous with the description as the roads you need to cross (Sheaf St & Harmer Ln) aren't covered. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Resident said:

Exit the train station, turn right and over the pedestrian crossing. 

It's a little bit disingenuous with the description as the roads you need to cross (Sheaf St & Harmer Ln) aren't covered. 

Oh right  . So it’s on the university building.