Why Don't People Use The Sheffield Connect Bus?

4 minutes ago, Resident said:

For reference: 

The job role for a 'train trolley dolly' is titled "On-Train Hospitality Assistant (or variations of)

The role consists of:

Duties*:

• Operate the Hospitality Service on services.
  • Promote monthly deals and upsell products to customers.
  • Helping with customers’ questions on train and at stations.
  • Accountable for stock and sales.
  • Managing cash and card transactions.
  • Responsible for the cleanliness of catering equipment and clearing of litter.
  • Adhere to the food hygiene regulations and all Health & Safety requirements.
  • You will operate a trolley weighing a maximum of 60/55 kg and portable ramps weighing up to 15kg.

At no point are you responsible for any on-board safety or operation outside operating the trolley. That is STRICTLY left to the Conductor/Guard and driver. 

*List taken from EMR, Northern, ScotRail, Greater Anglia amongst others. 

🤭🤭🤭Northern don't have any catering crew, except for a small voluntary organisation on the Leeds-Settle-Carlisle line that is such a small operation, it wouldn't have a job description advertised on the internet. You are arguing with someone who has actually worked in the transport industry and can spot bull dung a mile off. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Oh right  . So it’s on the university building.

It's the public walkway in front, Decades ago the PTE built what is essentially just a long bus stop roof. 
image.png.6ab4fb31d419b5e0ac2b3acb6276176e.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Resident said:

Simply calling out a poster on their BS. 

Tut tut.  I know I for one take Irene's posts entirely seriously, especially the ones recounting in detail a toddler's experiences of mid 90s Sheffield.  Be nice. 

Guest busdriver1
13 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

Not to want to argue the point too much, but every definition of Transport Interchange I can find says it is for connecting different modes of transport.

An interchange does not need to be on the exact same site, just nearby (within comfortable walking distance).

i.e. The interchange at Hillsborough is for changing between bus and tram. The Interchange at Meadowhall connects bus, train and tram services. The interchange in the city centre is for changing between train and bus (and coach), and tram close by too.

Sheffield Interchange’s own information states: The Interchange is integrated with the city's railway station by way of a signposted covered walkway between the two; it is a short walk from the city centre and the nearest Supertram stop (Fitzalan Square/Ponds Forge).

The generally accepted criteria for an interchange is that the change of mode takes place on site. We have "interchanges" at several locations in South Yorkshire where there is one mode only available so therefore are not interchanges. For example show me the second mode of transport in Arundel Gate Interchange or Dinnington Interchange. The use of the name is a futile attempt at gentrification mainly by the PTE in the past without taking into account the actual requirements to actually be one.

4 minutes ago, busdriver1 said:

The generally accepted criteria for an interchange is that the change of mode takes place on site. We have "interchanges" at several locations in South Yorkshire where there is one mode only available so therefore are not interchanges. For example show me the second mode of transport in Arundel Gate Interchange or Dinnington Interchange. The use of the name is a futile attempt at gentrification mainly by the PTE in the past without taking into account the actual requirements to actually be one.

Arundel Gate interchange has the tram within 200 yards.

Guest busdriver1
4 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Arundel Gate interchange has the tram within 200 yards.

Not exactly on site though is it,  and what about Dinnington? try looking at Mexborough, split over 2 sites and neither anywhere near any other mode.

9 minutes ago, busdriver1 said:

"A public transport interchange is a place where people can access or transfer between public transport modes and routes. Interchanges vary in size and may be stand–alone, adjacent to a railway station, or located at a transport node, such as a park–and–ride facility."

This is the definition that came up when I googled. 

Since at both Arundel Gate and Dinnington you're able to change to a different route, as mentioned in the definition, then it can be called an interchange. The definition also allows (but isnt' often used) for park & ride facilities to be called interchanges.