Changes To Stagecoach Tram Tickets From 22/03/24

25 minutes ago, GleadlessLad said:

Thanks - but what about the"Tram Only" tickets e.g. "Tram Only Monthly Mega rider", "Tram Only Flexi 5" (5 Dayriders to be used within one month) etc?

If I bought a Tram Only Flexi 5 on e.g. 12th March, normally I'd have until 11th April to use those 5 Dayrider Tram Only tickets.  But would I find instead, on 22nd March,  that I was unable to use any of the 5 tram tickets that I had remaining?

The South Yorkshire Mayor has not yet made any announcements but it is assumed the only change to tram only tickets will be the online retail outlet from 22 March will be a new Travel South Yorkshire app rather than the Stagecoach website/app (along with the MegaRider name getting dropped as that is a Stagecoach brand).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Andy C said:

The South Yorkshire Mayor has not made to any announcements on the subject as yet but I don't see why there would be any change to this concession his organisation funds just because the tram operator is no longer Stagecoach.

Why will South Yorkshire residents have pay for residents of other counties to use Supertram when we have have to pay to use theirs? That is not fair!

• Like 2

Guest busdriver1
4 hours ago, Resident said:

Given that there's no mention of CityWide & Connect tickets I assume that those tickets will still be accepted by SYFTL.

As far as I am aware, citywide is bus only.

Guest busdriver1
1 hour ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Why will South Yorkshire residents have pay for residents of other counties to use Supertram when we have have to pay to use theirs? That is not fair!

Why is South Yorkshire and a few other areas insisting on allowing  ENCTS BUS passes to be used on trams and other light rail systems in direct contravention of the aims and purpose of said pass? Is it because they are being used as a backdoor subsidy to try and make the systems look viable? Do tram operators get the same miniscule amount that bus operators do? Hmmm

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

You would assume anyone buying that product would be told they have less time to use them than usual. 

Maybe, or maybe not; I see though that Supertram posted on their "X" feed about an hour ago "Tram only products will remain valid even if they cross the changeover date. The changes referred to in the link relate to Stagecoach tickets that currently include Stagecoach buses and tram."

2 hours ago, Andy C said:

The operator of Supertram will be changing from Stagecoach to a new publicly owned company which will be controlled by the South Yorkshire Mayoral Combined Authority.

The only changes to tickets will be those that are Stagecoach only - they will no longer include tram as it will no longer be a Stagecoach service and of course tickets will no longer be sold via the Stagecoach website/app. 

If you currently buy a Stagecoach only ticket such as the Silver MegaRider and still want a ticket that includes both bus and tram you'll need to buy an all operator ticket from the Travelmaster range instead - https://www.sytravelmaster.com/

Customer information from Stagecoach at https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and-offers/yorkshire/changes-to-tickets-march-24

Any idea what the new company will be called . Hope its something flashy .