Tesco Infirmary Road Car Park

4 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Those signs (that were there for at least three years, according to Street View) do state maximum 3 hour stay though, not the ‘virtually unlimited’ you originally posted.

Not defending Tesco here, by the way — just pointing out that it hasn’t been unlimited time for a very long time.

Sorry you are wrong

According to Tesco the new restrictions were introduced because "people were abusing the car park and parking for the whole of the day. This was detrimental to some of our genuine customers who reported, on occasion, difficulties finding a car parking space"

On 20/02/2024 at 22:26, Longcol said:

Despite the number of football fans parked in the top car park when Wednesday are at home.

The top car park at Morrisons is owned by the Council and the bottom by Morrisons. Surprised the Council have not put some sort of restrictions. 

42 minutes ago, BigAl1 said:

Unfortunately the signs you show have all been changed (perhaps proving my point) as the restrictions were altered this year with a two hour limit imposed. As I have said regular users are unlikely to have noticed the change . I would argue that the signs at the entrance should not be the standard signs elsewhere in the car park but should be designed to draw attention to the fact the rules have changed

You could whack 100 signs up, people still wouldn't read them because the average motorist is thick as two short planks. See my example on page 1 of this thread of me sauntering down the timed bus lane on Chesterfield Rd at 1pm whilst everyone crams into the 2nd lane.

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, BigAl1 said:

Sorry you are wrong

According to Tesco the new restrictions were introduced because "people were abusing the car park and parking for the whole of the day. This was detrimental to some of our genuine customers who reported, on occasion, difficulties finding a car parking space"

I’m not wrong in terms of the signage… the 3 hour maximum stay signage has been there since at least 2020.

It might have changed recently to two hours max, but the signs stating three hours max show on street view for the last four years.

• Like 1

On 23/02/2024 at 12:23, SheffieldForum said:

I’m not wrong in terms of the signage… the 3 hour maximum stay signage has been there since at least 2020.

It might have changed recently to two hours max, but the signs stating three hours max show on street view for the last four years.

Then why are Tesco saying that they made the changes because people were Parking all day?