What Single Policy Would Swing Your Vote

1 hour ago, leviathan13 said:

I just want reality to become a thing again!!!

That innocent people who just happen to feel different have to again live in isolation and fear till the point there's no other way out and kill themselves?, great stuff.

• Like 3

That men can't become women and vice versa!

My bold:  Just settle for your reality and let others choose theirs.  You can't decide for everyone else who feels differently to you,    unless you're a dictator.

That men can't become women and vice versa!

My bold:  Just settle for your reality and let others choose theirs.  You can't decide for everyone else who feels differently to you,    unless you're a dictator.

21 minutes ago, melthebell said:

That innocent people who just happen to feel different have to again live in isolation and fear till the point there's no other way out and kill themselves?, great stuff.

Nothing like a bit of hyperbole to kill the discussion.

Facts don't care about feelings, unfortunately. It's just a fact of life.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I thought you knew nothing about the subject and didn't feel qualified to comment...

Just now, leviathan13 said:

I thought you knew nothing about the subject and didn't feel qualified to comment...

I'm not discussing men and women but your comment about reality and I do know about reality.

Reality is that we all go through life with different feelings and you can stick with yours whilst others do what they want.

Is there any reason why that isn't fair ?

For the first time in my life I would vote Tory if Boris and Rees-Mogg would walk naked from Lands End to John 'o Groats through nettles up to their waist. Rishi could watch from his helicopter.

And they still wouldn't win Sheffield Central 😎

4 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

I'm not discussing men and women but your comment about reality and I do know about reality.

Reality is that we all go through life with different feelings and you can stick with yours whilst others do what they want.

Is there any reason why that isn't fair ?

Feelings don't trump material reality.  If a man says he's a woman he has the expectation that he gains access, as a woman, to all women's single sex spaces.  I'll use the example of women's sporting categories: The International Swimming Federation, World Rugby, World Athletics, amongst others, have stated that those who transition post-puberty retain physical performance advantages over women and as such should not be allowed to compete in women's sporting categories.  That's fair, and based in fact not feelings.