Home Office Sacks Immigration Chief Inspector After Criticism Of Border Security

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

If you look you'll find I have no loyalty to either democrats or Republicans.

snipped ;)

no but you ALWAYS fall to the right in these debates (if you can call em debates since you never offer any facts or evidence, just putting its a fact DOESNT make it a fact.)

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

That's because  Mayorkas hasn't done his job, the border is wide open and close to 10 million illegals have flooded in on his watch.

Smacks of playing politics?

Give over. It's about bloody time. 

The Republicans asked for new border laws and Biden introduced a bill that basically gave them what they asked for. The Republicans voted against it. Trump has instructed the Republicans not to do anything that will do anything to address the border situation because he sees border chaos as a benefit to his chances of getting re-elected.

Just now, melthebell said:

no but you ALWAYS fall to the right in these debates 

Snipped 

No I don't. I'm neither left nor right. I agree with some left wing ideas and I agree with some right wing ideas. The left vs Right thing is simply a mechanism to keep people divided. 

That's all.

1 minute ago, altus said:

The Republicans asked for new border laws and Biden introduced a bill that basically gave them what they asked for.

I believe the sticking point with that bill is money for Ukraine. Take that out and it shall pass? 

4 minutes ago, altus said:

Snipped

Trump has instructed the Republicans not to do anything that will do anything to address the border situation because he sees border chaos as a benefit to his chances of getting re-elected.

If Trump has said that then they are free to ignore him. Simple. 

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I believe the sticking point with that bill is money for Ukraine. Take that out and it shall pass? 

Nope.

Trump praises collapse of bipartisan border deal: ‘I think it’s dead’:

Former President Trump praised the demise of the bipartisan border deal Friday, taking credit helping to tank the legislation that took months to negotiate.

Trump urged Republicans to vote against the bill before it was unveiled last Sunday, arguing its passage would be a political victory for President Biden in the election-year matchup that is likely to feature both men as their respective party nominees. 

• Thanks 1

With all this snipping going on, it seems there might be a reason to employ Hitchens' Razor again;
"what can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."

Biden at the Three-Year Mark: The Most Active Immigration Presidency Yet Is Mired in Border Crisis Narrative  There are other sources, but I've not seen any that mention 10 million

The U.S. southern border has witnessed a record of at least 6.3 million migrant encounters at and between ports of entry since Biden took office in January 2021, according to data from the Office of Homeland Security Statistics, resulting in more than 2.4 million migrants allowed into the country. Most of these individuals are in active removal proceedings in immigration court, in which they can claim asylum as a defense against removal. 

6 minutes ago, peak4 said:

With all this snipping going on, it seems there might be a reason to employ Hitchens' Razor again;
"what can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."

Biden at the Three-Year Mark: The Most Active Immigration Presidency Yet Is Mired in Border Crisis Narrative  There are other sources, but I've not seen any that mention 10 million

The U.S. southern border has witnessed a record of at least 6.3 million migrant encounters at and between ports of entry since Biden took office in January 2021, according to data from the Office of Homeland Security Statistics, resulting in more than 2.4 million migrants allowed into the country. Most of these individuals are in active removal proceedings in immigration court, in which they can claim asylum as a defense against removal. 

Thanks for that 👍

18 hours ago, Delayed said:

Yes but he's not immune to data protection laws. 

If he's been working for the Home Office & handling any of their data, (some of which will have varying levels of security classification), he'll will also have signed the Official Secrets Act. 

Just because someone has had some information or data land on their desk & its pricked their moral consciousness & they feel that it would be in the interest of the public to know said information or data, doesn't mean that they have a duty or a right to release it to the media.  Ultimately, the information or data belongs to a government department.  

• Like 1

On 20/02/2024 at 17:54, The_DADDY said:

The Home Office has sacked the independent chief inspector for borders and immigration after he criticised UK border force over alleged security failings.

A Home Office spokesperson said: “We have terminated the appointment of David Neal, the Independent Chief Inspector of Borders and Immigration, after he breached the terms of appointment and lost the confidence of the Home Secretary.

Your thoughts?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/home-office-david-neal-sacked-b2499399.html

Your thoughts?