Sheffield City Centre's Bus Gate? (Arundel Gate)

9 minutes ago, Meltman said:

This bus gate has been that well publicised on several news media, has an absolute myriad of sinage and been discussed to death on here that there's no excuse for ignoring it, and therefore getting a fine in the process. 

It's not a farce at all,  it's fact and who are all these citizens who are scared to venture into town because of it?  Details please. 

The problem is someone at the council believe's they have done a good thing, when in reality its created nothing other than stopping people wanting to visit the city centre 

I'm guesing the council planners are still in the pockets of meadowhall HQ 

5 minutes ago, Grumpycatweasel said:

The problem is someone at the council believe's they have done a good thing, when in reality its created nothing other than stopping people wanting to visit the city centre 

I'm guesing the council planners are still in the pockets of meadowhall HQ 

I don't know anyone who has said that they won't visit the city centre because there's a bus gate. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grumpycatweasel said:

maybe get out abit more buddie Sheffield forum is pretty much one sided 

I get out plenty thank you buddy, and talk to people,not just keyboard warriors and no-one has said they won't visit the centre of the city because of the bus gate...fact.  You obviously have contact with different people to me. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Grumpycatweasel said:

It is quite amusing... I get frustrated because there's a lage cohort of people on here that will criticise the Council for anything and everything to the point the mere mention of the Council gets certain people's heckles up.

...Yet you have singlehandedly united everyone to agree on something for a change. 🤣

I'm sure normal service will be resumed at some point soon.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Grumpycatweasel said:

I would disagree with that - I see a range of views presented on various subjects - some of which I agree with, some I don't. and some where I have no specific opinion. Depending on what else I am doing, sometimes I reply, sometimes I 'react' and sometimes I ignore.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

It is quite amusing... I get frustrated because there's a lage cohort of people on here that will criticise the Council for anything and everything to the point the mere mention of the Council gets certain people's heckles up.

...Yet you have singlehandedly united everyone to agree on something for a change. 🤣

I'm sure normal service will be resumed at some point soon.

I shall continue to criticise the City Council/SYMCA if I  personally think they have lost the plot, but as you say, this poster has brought many disparate thinkers together - just wish we didn't have to wade through treacle to try and understand what they are on about, though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1