Chris Wilder

Fine post! 👍

I've said elsewhere recently that the sooner the 'Big 6' bog off to a European League, the better.

I didn't realise that that would still leave 9 clubs in the League owned by billionaires!!!

In that case, I tend to think that you're right in a way.

The PL is dying a slow death.

I can't wait!

22 hours ago, monzaman said:

The thing I don't understand is the media hatred of the Blades, they seem to revel in slagging us down meanwhile Burnley can do no wrong. WTF have we done to upset them so much.

As for Wilder it did seem strange to me bringing him back but I guess only time will tell, let's see how we do next season.

I don't think we're generally hated by the media.  Based on this season we've been more likely to have been ignored.  Case in point, a few weeks ago on MOTD, they were discussing the relegation places & what clubs needed to do to get out of the relegation places.  It was Forest, Burnley, Everton, Luton.  The only mention the Blades got was in passing as we were due to play Luton. 

To give him his due, Shearer always seems to give us a fair crack of the whip on MOTD.  As for Burnley doing no wrong, well that'll be the Vincent Kompany effect.  You never know when the likes of Lineker will want to be brown-nosing him at the next major football tournament.  Don't forget, Lineker doesn't only work for the BBC. 

1 hour ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

I really can't understand the desire to jump straight back in to the fire, assuming you get thrown out of it come May. 

Isn't a very good Championship side, Sheffield United, better than a whipping boy United out of it's depth?

I hope you recall, I DON'T want to see Wednesday in the Prem, other than it would enable Chansiri the chance to recoup a fair chunk of 'his' money,  to sell up and go back to Thailand.

There is, of course, a chance that a multi, multi, multi billionaire could come in at S6 and make us a force to be reckoned with (as could happen at S2), but that still wouldn't make me a fan of the PL. It's a plastic, false entity.

What happens when the money's gone?

Back to embarrassment, that's what.

I can see where your coming from Hots.

But what do you do?

The Championship is a competition, and naturally you want to win..

So what happens if you do a Chesterfield and be 20pts clear, do you deliberately lose a few matches to stay in the Championship?

The sooner a super European league is formed, the better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Padders said:

I can see where your coming from Hots.

But what do you do?

The Championship is a competition, and naturally you want to win..

So what happens if you do a Chesterfield and be 20pts clear, do you deliberately lose a few matches to stay in the Championship?

The sooner a super European league is formed, the better.

Hear hear to a Euro League.

There is no answer Padders, other than to keep out of the top 2?

If the Prem had similarly funded teams, being in it would be a feather in your cap, achieved on merit.

Being out bid and under financed?

No thanks!

• Like 1

Perhaps SWFC’s choice of a totally unknown German with no managerial experience is the way to go, who knows? I don’t know what was/is expected of Wilder, surely he wasn’t expected to keep the Blades in the Premier League. :huh:

On 22/02/2024 at 20:03, PapaLazarou said:

I'm asking myself this question more and more as each week goes by...

How have we improved under Wilder?

I just can't see it.

We are shipping goals like a colander lets out water. We have started games with Laroucis and Osulas rather than Robinsons and Trustys and Archers and Hamers.

Whats changed, other than a bit more desire & fight...and an ever worsening goal difference?

I never wanted the Second Coming.

I certainly didn't want sandwiches either.

Vastly improved under Wilder. 

He’s improved the points per game from 0.36 to 0.67 and improved the goal difference per game from -2.00 to -1.33

Unfortunately for him, the safety gap has grown from 4 points to 8 points and without the Everton points deduction it would be 11 points.

Still everything to play for, especially if Forest get a points deduction and Everton get a further one.

17 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Vastly improved under Wilder. 

He’s improved the points per game from 0.36 to 0.67 and improved the goal difference per game from -2.00 to -1.33

Unfortunately for him, the safety gap has grown from 4 points to 8 points and without the Everton points deduction it would be 11 points.

Still everything to play for, especially if Forest get a points deduction and Everton get a further one.

Everton points reduction cut to 6.