Chris Wilder

19 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Yes, I saw that. It probably means their next deduction will be six points if they get one.

I don't think they will get another, from what I read a big chunk of the over spend  was used for the new stadium. But why are we not hearing what is happening with charges against Chelsea and Man City?

20 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Having a European super league ( only a matter of time,)  does not mean the big clubs will leave their domestic leagues. 

It will still be the same six clubs at the top of the Premier League.

That's a shame.

CW came back because he wanted/ needed a job and had obviously been working behind the scenes to make it happen. The prince wanted him back as he wanted/ needed a lift with the fan base. If it were any other manager with the recent record of CW, we wouldn't have wanted him as supporters.

Simply - a marriage of convenience. His interviews are already becoming more difficult to watch, as happened last time.

Sorry Blades, but I don't see this working out well and really hope that a much hoped for new owner starts a completely new chapter for us.

41 minutes ago, barnie41 said:

CW came back because he wanted/ needed a job and had obviously been working behind the scenes to make it happen. The prince wanted him back as he wanted/ needed a lift with the fan base. If it were any other manager with the recent record of CW, we wouldn't have wanted him as supporters.

Simply - a marriage of convenience. His interviews are already becoming more difficult to watch, as happened last time.

Sorry Blades, but I don't see this working out well and really hope that a much hoped for new owner starts a completely new chapter for us.

Agree with all of that

If theres room for a Blade on this thread !   my humble opinion is Wilder is the best man for the job, so i dont think even he can save us this season, but the improvement and planing for next season is there to see.

The Championship is a great league, and clubs with a 10 year plan to the Premiership  should be careful for what they wish for !   its all greed and with its fair share of cheats, with very little in the way of real punishment, the league has always had favourites , the top four may now be a top six, but money will always talk . Lets be honest no Sheffield club will have the leader,the cash or a top six standing ! not in my life time.

2 hours ago, POUNDSWORTH said:

If theres room for a Blade on this thread !   my humble opinion is Wilder is the best man for the job, so i dont think even he can save us this season, but the improvement and planing for next season is there to see.

The Championship is a great league, and clubs with a 10 year plan to the Premiership  should be careful for what they wish for !   its all greed and with its fair share of cheats, with very little in the way of real punishment, the league has always had favourites , the top four may now be a top six, but money will always talk . Lets be honest no Sheffield club will have the leader,the cash or a top six standing ! not in my life time.

Leicester did it .

2 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Leicester did it .

Leicester did it in 2015- 2016 which is coming up ten years ago. Their squad cost £72 million and their wage bill was £64 million. Congratulations to them, others spent far more but Leicester weren't the smallest spenders.

Things have changed, the money now spent is ridiculous. Some clubs spent that much previously that they have managed to offload players and make the balance look better. West Hams figures look good because of the Declan Rice sale for £100 million. Brighton did the same thing with Caicedo to Chelsea.  Others are not as fortunate.

https://www.squawka.com/en/news/premier-league-net-spend-2022-23/

We kicked off with a weaker squad than we qualified for promotion with, then suffered a load of injuries to key players and have an owner that has little interest in us and doesn't want to spend.

We're going down and nothing will change until we get new owners that have ambition. Even then the financial obstacles have ruled out all but the Big Clubs, it's no longer a sport, it's a business and fans don't matter.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Leicester did it in 2015- 2016 which is coming up ten years ago. Their squad cost £72 million and their wage bill was £64 million. Congratulations to them, others spent far more but Leicester weren't the smallest spenders.

Things have changed, the money now spent is ridiculous. Some clubs spent that much previously that they have managed to offload players and make the balance look better. West Hams figures look good because of the Declan Rice sale for £100 million. Brighton did the same thing with Caicedo to Chelsea.  Others are not as fortunate.

https://www.squawka.com/en/news/premier-league-net-spend-2022-23/

We kicked off with a weaker squad than we qualified for promotion with, then suffered a load of injuries to key players and have an owner that has little interest in us and doesn't want to spend.

We're going down and nothing will change until we get new owners that have ambition. Even then the financial obstacles have ruled out all but the Big Clubs, it's no longer a sport, it's a business and fans don't matter.

I do not know how much Uniteds current squad cost or the wages involved to compare ,