What Is It About Sheffield Forum?

8 hours ago, cressida said:

Well we do have some very intelligent posters on here such as your good self,  ecco noob,  axe and Mister M,  Annie,  Anna, and Hecate to name a few,  unfortunately we

have to have the other end of the spectrum - that's life.

It's special because it has so many members,  and,  so many who view the forum,  a lot of them don't post though.

I agree with all those posters' names you've quoted Cressida. I joined SF in 2005 when I started doing my family history. I read the posts several times daily but, I rarely post because of the rather insulting and childish behaviour of some posters. I love the humour, it's typically Sheffield and I admire posters such as Padders who can not only find comfort by posting but, also do it with humour. 

I think SF has improved this last few weeks, just a pity about the usual childish insults, there's one in every class of schoolkids. 

Regards

Duffems 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Padders said:

I lost my wife 9 years ago, (I can't believe it's 9 years)

The first 12 months I was in a sorry state..

The computer was standing idle (I'd never used it)

I then started fiddling about with the computer and found SF.

This gave me an escape route to the outside world.

At that time the "Technology" was astounding to me.

I found it remarkable that I could interact with other people, and people like yourself have helped me through those dark days.

The forum has gone down hill a bit recently, but I still try to add a bit of humour, its what keeps me going.

Keep up the good work Padders.

As Cressida didn't give me a mention, us at the other end of the spectrum appreciate it 😀.

Although my Scottish sense of humour is ever present, my favourite part of SF is when its members get together and solve some query in the Sheffield  history & ex pats forum.

Keep safe out there and give as good as you receive. 8),

SF Rulz OK

Luv you Cressi :thumbsup:.

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, crookesey said:

Well there are Tories v Labour, Utd v Wednesday, Muslims v Christians & Jews, Gays v Straights, Area v Area, etc, etc. All this without the risk of a smack in the mouth, happy days.

😉

Surely that would be a negative, I am not against anyone, although I may have a bias.

Have you got a photo of that good looking hackey lad?

2 hours ago, El Cid said:

Surely that would be a negative, I am not against anyone, although I may have a bias.

"splutters"

sorry I was surprised at your coming out on here.

2 hours ago, El Cid said:

I can sell you one of him naked and holding a puppy.  Tastefully done of course . 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, gaz678 said:

I don't think there's any strangers on here just associates you've never met ✌️

Hmmm... :huh:

I don't know about that...

... there's some pretty strange characters in Padders Bar that you wouldn't want to associate with! :suspect:

• Confused 1