Sheffield School Dinners Cook Book

My aunty was a dinner lady at Norfolk secondary on Craddock road. That was in the 60's she always gave me extra cheese pie and extra puddings. I enjoyed the school dinners back then.😊

We used to have afters and everyone loved it. Cannot remember the name of it, Nursary Roll comes to mind but I'm not sure.  It was flat and had like a whirl of chocolate  biscuit and plain biscuit. We had it with custard, and always wanted seconds.

When I was at school in the 50/60’s nothing prepared in he canteen was from anywhere

away from these shores, I reckon that Scotch Broth was a bit suspect. Must be far different these days looking at the many different ethnicities that attend our schools.

On 01/04/2024 at 22:37, blackhill said:

We used to have afters and everyone loved it. Cannot remember the name of it, Nursary Roll comes to mind but I'm not sure.  It was flat and had like a whirl of chocolate  biscuit and plain biscuit. We had it with custard, and always wanted seconds.

That'll be the chocolate pinwheel.

There are recipes out there for that one.

I made it a few years ago and it was very tasty!

Fish fingers x2, mash that tasted of nuts and a handful of greenish catapult ammo. Loved Fridays 🤢

Semolina ............ nuff said

Spam, chips and a baked bean

The kid with the bad cough, sitting opposite you ........ eating his sago ........ almost!

Never had it so good 😆

On 07/04/2024 at 04:50, mad-dad said:

Fish fingers x2, mash that tasted of nuts and a handful of greenish catapult ammo. Loved Fridays 🤢

Semolina ............ nuff said

Spam, chips and a baked bean

The kid with the bad cough, sitting opposite you ........ eating his sago ........ almost!

Never had it so good 😆

When i was at secondary school-1958-62- we never had chips, it was mashed potato with everything including fish. Wonder when the 'Chip syndrome' started?

1 minute ago, St Petre said:

When i was at secondary school-1958-62- we never had chips, it was mashed potato with everything including fish. Wonder when the 'Chip syndrome' started?

'62 probably, you were just unlucky 😄

2 minutes ago, mad-dad said:

'62 probably, you were just unlucky 😄

Not so unlucky as the Friday mash came mixed with parsley sauce, for the fish. best dinner (lunch) of the week.