Lack Of Public Houses On The Moor

With so many of Sheffield's public services and amenities moving to The Moor, I find it strange that a public house (pub) hasn't opened up on there. There used to be one on Moorfoot, on the corner but I believe it's now a Mexican restaurant. There's some sort of Karaoke bar in The Light but that's not a pub and I believe it only opens at night. Something like a Greene King or even a Hungry Horse pub would do great on The Moor, I reckon. I am surprised The Moor Plc haven't reached out to any large chains.

Edited by Irene Swaine

The Furnace is just behind Debenhams, alongside Roxy Ballroom.

‘Theres Boom in The Light complex, as well as the (really quite good!) bar in The Light.

Lane 7 has a nice bar.

It is just a short walk to the Beer Engine, Clubhouse, Lord Nelson, The Roebuck, etc. There’ll be bars in the Cambridge Street Collective soon, etc.

Plenty of choice, really!

5 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Where would it go?

Perhaps the old Debenham's but ideally further down. The old T J Hughes site on The Moor would have been perfect for a large pub but sadly it's just reopened as a sportswear shop. It's always a hive of activity around there and always lots of workmen who may be looking for a lunchtime pint.

18 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

With so many of Sheffield's public services and amenities moving to The Moor, I find it strange that a public house (pub) hasn't opened up on there. There used to be one on Moorfoot, on the corner but I believe it's now a Mexican restaurant. There's some sort of Karaoke bar in The Light but that's not a pub and I believe it only opens at night. Something like a Greene King or even a Hungry Horse pub would do great on The Moor, I reckon. I am surprised The Moor Plc haven't reached out to any large chains.

Pop into the viper rooms Irene am sure they'll make you welcome 🙏 🤗 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Perhaps the old Debenham's but ideally further down. The old T J Hughes site on The Moor would have been perfect for a large pub but sadly it's just reopened as a sportswear shop. It's always a hive of activity around there and always lots of workmen who may be looking for a lunchtime pint.

I suspect the 'old Debenhams' is rather too large for a pub, but if, as has been suggested, it is broken into smaller units...? JD S moved in rather longer ago than 'just recently'.