Lack Of Public Houses On The Moor

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

So is Crystal Peaks and Meadowhall but they still have pubs on site. Are you saying Castle Square isn't a retail area too? What about Orchard Square, home to The Museum Public House?

Built when public houses were relevant, The Museum, built in 1897, The Milestone, 1988. 

Why aren't there any schools or Doctor's surgerys on the Moor? 

It'd be grand if I could drop kids off and then nip in the GPs before I fill up a trolley in Poundland then gorge myself on a Greggs sausage roll......

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

The Moorfoot Tavern closed down in 2012 a time when I'd argue footfall was significantly higher. A time when big stores like Debenhams, BHS, and John Lewis were still open.

BHS and John Lewis weren't on The Moor for a start. And since 2012, The Moor Market has moved there, perhaps that could have given The Moorfoot Tavern the footfall to survive, had it arrived earlier.

5 minutes ago, Resident said:

Why aren't there any schools or Doctor's surgerys on the Moor? 

There was a language school opposite Europa nightclub on The Moor and there is a gym on The Moor. Similarly, the Sexual Health Doctors' Surgery is located just behind M&S and Doctor Martens' shoe outlet.

BHS and John Lewis weren't on The Moor for a start. And since 2012, The Moor Market has moved there, perhaps that could have given The Moorfoot Tavern the footfall to survive, had it arrived earlier.

I think you should sober up before you make any further strange, unrelated comments.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Try again.  

• Like 1

But that's where my comment about stopping on the way to the buses and trams comes in. The transport links are closed by to a load of pubs so when you have had your couple of beers it's a hop and a skip to the bus.

The Bankers is not a traditional pub but it is dodgy as hell and so is the direct area next to it. That's why I said we could end up bookending the whole city centre with that type of area. Moorfoot was always a bit rough and ready anyway.

• Like 2

There was a language school opposite Europa nightclub on The Moor and there is a gym on The Moor. Similarly, the Sexual Health Doctors' Surgery is located just behind M&S and Doctor Martens' shoe outlet.

A 'language school' is not exactly what was being referred to in the post you referenced, and the SHC is behind Fargate - not the Moor.

• Like 1