Lack Of Public Houses On The Moor

3 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

But there has never been a John Lewis on The Moor. In 2012, there was no Primark on The Moor, no Next, no Deichmann, no cinema, no H&M. The Moor has more in the way of shops & markets than ever before.

Arguable. Things come and go over time. It depends on what time frame you're talking about.   You are right, it didn't have any of those you list.  But it did have two different co-op. Department stores, it had McDonalds, Woolworths, Mark One, our price, superdrug, Etam,  Dorothy Perkins, Argos, Burtons, Rosebys, Dixons.....  

Going back a little further we could even add on branches of Redgates, Roberts Brothers and Marks and Spencer.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

That post mentioned 'a time when more big stores were open' - it did NOT specifically state they were all on The Moor.

Thank you. Got there ahead of me.

I'm sure Irene will eventually remember the context was whether there was more footfall now or back then.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Just now, ECCOnoob said:

Arguable. Things come and go over time. It depends on what time frame you're talking about.   You are right, it didn't have any of those you list.  But it did have two different co-op. Department stores, it had McDonalds, Woolworths, Mark One, our price, superdrug, Etam,  Dorothy Perkins, Argos, Burtons, Rosebys, Dixons.....  

Going back a little further we could even add on branches of Redgates, Roberts Brothers and Marks and Spencer.

Didn't Woolworth's close in the late 2000s? And I could have sworn McDonald's closed in the 2000s also. It then became a Stone The Crows. Dixon's was on Furnival Gate, where Nisbet's is now. There was a proper Argos though, I'll give you that one. And a Brighthouse.

1 minute ago, ECCOnoob said:

Thank you. Got there ahead of me.

I'm sure Irene will eventually remember the context was whether there was more footfall now or back then.

No problem - and it was obvious you were not specifically referring to shops actually on The Moor - well, to me, anyway.

Don't hold your breath on Irene remembering something that correctly contradicts her parallel universe, though.

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

There was a language school opposite Europa nightclub on The Moor and there is a gym on The Moor. Similarly, the Sexual Health Doctors' Surgery is located just behind M&S and Doctor Martens' shoe outlet.

Doctor Martens' shoe outlet- gone.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

My brother lost his bank card outside The Banker's and within 2 hours, someone had picked it up and used the contactless chip to buy themselves a KfC, McDonald's, booze from select and save and pay their utility bill in the kiosk at Castle Square.

So it was a customer from the Bankers that scammed him , Or maybe a a bloke or woman from Dore and Totley , 

Perhaps the camera at Mac's or KFC or the utility bill place , The utility bill will have their name and address on it so its collar felt time when the cops are informed . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cuttsie said:

So it was a customer from the Bankers that scammed him , Or maybe a a bloke or woman from Dore and Totley , 

Perhaps the camera at Mac's or KFC or the utility bill place , The utility bill will have their name and address on it so its collar felt time when the cops are informed . 

Or equally possible, someone from Darnall or The Manor.

• Like 1