Lack Of Public Houses On The Moor

13 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Not at all. Pubs are for adults to enjoy an alcohol drink. If you have kids, take them to a soft play centre. 

Disagree. Pubs are much more than drinking dens these days. However, any kids in pubs should be properly behaved.

The problem generally doesn’t lie with the kids, it lies with poor parenting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, GabrielC said:

Never went in that pub it used to be Nelsons Rock Bar closed for a long time then became Rocking Chair another hear today gone tomorrow business.  No idea if true but their was a  murder in that pub at some point. Another bar that went was around the back of Debenhams store more a late night venue again never went in like the Moorfoot Tavern it had its ups and downs. I'm not sure a pub would work on the Moor now.

The murder happened in 1968.

18 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Just been googling. The Hind , formerly the Nelson then later an Irish Bar  . Think it was on Furnival Gate , just left off Pinstone St . 

Never recall it as being The Hind.  Only really knew it from The Nelson onwards. 

4 hours ago, Prettytom said:

Disagree. Pubs are much more than drinking dens these days. However, any kids in pubs should be properly behaved.

The problem generally doesn’t lie with the kids, it lies with poor parenting.

And you're correct as well. 

• Like 1

What about the Wicker then?  There used to be loads of pubs there.  Now there’s just a lot of chicken shops.  Some not very good and one got into trouble recently for poor hygiene and out of date chicken.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Not at all. Pubs are for adults to enjoy an alcohol drink. If you have kids, take them to a soft play centre. 

I do agree with you to an extent. I have always said, if I entered the pub game, I'd have a side room/conservatory for kids & dogs and the main area for grown ups.