Lack Of Public Houses On The Moor

1 minute ago, Andy_terrier said:

The Bankers is not a traditional pub but it is dodgy as hell and so is the direct area next to it. That's why I said we could end up bookending the whole city centre with that type of area. Moorfoot was always a bit rough and ready anyway.

The whole of the city centre is dodgy as hell. Every corner has beggars, even Surrey Street now! If The Banker's Draft can turn a profit in one corner of the city centre, I don't see why a similar bar can't do it on The Moor. May as well have good amenities in these dodgy parts.

Just now, Irene Swaine said:

The whole of the city centre is dodgy as hell. Every corner has beggars, even Surrey Street now! If The Banker's Draft can turn a profit in one corner of the city centre, I don't see why a similar bar can't do it on The Moor. May as well have good amenities in these dodgy parts.

But you seem to like visiting it - I wonder why?

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

A 'language school' is not exactly what was being referred to in the post you referenced, and the SHC is behind Fargate - not the Moor.

I never said it was behind The Moor. Again you fail to grasp the point and context. Either that or you are deliberately misinterpreting my posts.

5 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

It's no different to walking between shops on The Moor.

Selectively quoting me to suit you opinion is not clever. In my opinion the Moor is the wrong place for a pub, you may differ, which is fine. It may be resolved when/if one of the pub chains opens up one on the Moor. By the way, BHS was on the Moor,  just saying. 

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

I never said it was behind The Moor. Again you fail to grasp the point and context. Either that or you are deliberately misinterpreting my posts.

If anyone can work out what this poster is trying to say - would they let me know?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Meltman said:

Selectively quoting me to suit you opinion is not clever. In my opinion the Moor is the wrong place for a pub, you may differ, which is fine. It may be resolved when/if one of the pub chains opens up one on the Moor. By the way, BHS was on the Moor,  just saying. 

I quoted the crux of what your post was. Your point was that people wouldn't walk from a shop on The Moor, to a pub on The Moor, was it not?

2 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I quoted the crux of what your post was. Your point was that people wouldn't walk from a shop on The Moor, to a pub on The Moor, was it not?

Any comments on BHS love since you are in backtracking mode.

• Like 2