Lack Of Public Houses On The Moor

3 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I quoted the crux of what your post was. Your point was that people wouldn't walk from a shop on The Moor, to a pub on The Moor, was it not?

No, it was that I wouldn't expect people laden with shopping to walk from a shop on the Moor to a pub on the Moor and then have to walk back, when they could call in one on their way back to some form of transport to get them home. Obviously I didn't explain it clearly 

3 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

BHS was a great shop, they had one on Haymarket in Sheffield and one in Chesterfield, near The Pavements. 

And one on the Moor  which you seem to forget 

15 minutes ago, Andy_terrier said:

But that's where my comment about stopping on the way to the buses and trams comes in. The transport links are closed by to a load of pubs so when you have had your couple of beers it's a hop and a skip to the bus.

The Bankers is not a traditional pub but it is dodgy as hell and so is the direct area next to it. That's why I said we could end up bookending the whole city centre with that type of area. Moorfoot was always a bit rough and ready anyway.

My Mrs lost her purse in the Bankers draft , It was returned to her the same day by one of those dodgy characters you are so ready to write about , Perhaps you meet these people on a regular basis and judge them on what you see or is it just a case of jumping on the band waggon .

• Like 1

Just now, Andy_terrier said:

All of this could be sorted if my idea of running the Purple tram to the old staples site came to fruition. Drop a couple of chain pubs near there and the whole issue of transport goes away!

But does SYMCA want loads of drunks on the Purple tram - or any tram, come to that?