Lack Of Public Houses On The Moor

10 minutes ago, Padders said:

I woke up from my afternoon power nap and had to go back about 6 pages on this thread.

Passed a very entertaining hour on....

Its like a sitcom based on Johnson-esque Westminster-like swerving.

Splendid reading!

Who needs Netflix on a Sunday evening!?

Edited by PapaLazarou
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, PapaLazarou said:

That poster absolutely did NOT say that John Lewis was on the Moor in post 219.

Crikey.

You should get into politics.

They were making the point that The Moor had more going for it in 2012 and used John Lewis as an example. 

2 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

They were making the point that The Moor had more going for it in 2012 and used John Lewis as an example. 

Ok.

I think it was more general than that, but its open to interpretation.

You have yours, and I have mine, so there we go.

54 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

We are talking about 2012, when The Moorfoot Tavern closed and comparing it to now, aren't we?

I thought we was talking about the Moor in general, I didn't realise that there was a limit on the age. 

2 hours ago, Meltman said:

I thought we was talking about the Moor in general, I didn't realise that there was a limit on the age. 

There isn't generally, but the point I was making was in comparison to 2012 when the last pub on The Moor closed. Ofcourse, going back further, The Moor was bustling in the 1990s too, with the Leonard Cheshire building, Debenham's in its prime , Adam's, JJB Sports etc. 

5 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Were they night clubs? I know there was a club called Europa at the back of The Moor and also one called Berlin's. 

Sugg sports sold just about everything to do with sport including air Rifles and sexy roxy was a shop that sold clothes 😳 

5 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Were they night clubs? I know there was a club called Europa at the back of The Moor and also one called Berlin's. 

Just now, gaz678 said:

Sugg sports sold just about everything to do with sport including air Rifles and sexy roxy was a shop that sold clothes 😳 

Turn ups was best club around that area following scamps ..could not get into Josephine's too up market for us 😇