Lack Of Public Houses On The Moor

1 minute ago, SheffieldForum said:

Experience and ability often works without the need for having a piece of paper to say you can do something. Obviously you have to demonstrate that experience and ability somehow, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a

As an employer, I will always favour qualifications over experience. I found in my early days that I was discriminated against for roles I applied for based on lack of experience, despite my qualifications. In my experience, those with more experience tend to become fatigued and cut corners. 

Just now, Irene Swaine said:

As an employer, I will always favour qualifications over experience. I found in my early days that I was discriminated against for roles I applied for based on lack of experience, despite my qualifications. In my experience, those with more experience tend to become fatigued and cut corners. 

How long is that experience?

2 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Ironically, I am an employer and I will 100% take experience over qualifications.

Obviously a qualification is a good start and great to have,  but if I had two candidates where one had a qualification and little experience and the other had no qualification and lots of demonstrable experience I would err towards the person with the experience for sure (track record will always come into it though).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

If I was the Director of a brand such as Hungry Horse, Greene King or indeed W*th*rsp**n, I'd definitely be looking at one of the units on The Moor. The restaurants nearby are places such as Furness, not somewhere you can get hearty pub food. The Frog & Parrot is not in the city centre and The Museum is a considerable walk away.

The Moor is a stage for businesses to present themselves. The footfall outside the market is tremendous. I can envisage plenty of passing trade for a pub, especially with builders etc that hang around The Moor and wouldn't feel comfortable sitting in Furnace in their work wear!

I agree - I think it would be a good thing for the moor aswell.

• Like 2