Lack Of Public Houses On The Moor

I've mentioned it before in other pub related threads that I'm surprised that the likes of Wetherspoons haven't took on the old William & Glynn's Bank building on Fitzwilliam Gate.  The ground floor has been empty for years. 

They'd have a ready market in the shops / Moor Market, all the people waiting for buses on the other side of the road at the bottom of The Moor & it'd be on the pre / post-match pub crawl route when the Blades are at home.  It'd be a cert to make money. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

I don't remember this pub  . When did you go in ? When was it pulled down ?

One of our ports of call in around 1967 ish.

Started in The Nelson,on to The Travellers and down to The Hermitage and into The Locarno or whatever it was named at the time.Was it Shirley and friends behind the bar in The Travellers? The Gents outside toilet was disgusting with some using the sinks when there was a queue

18 minutes ago, RJRB said:

One of our ports of call in around 1967 ish.

Started in The Nelson,on to The Travellers and down to The Hermitage and into The Locarno or whatever it was named at the time.Was it Shirley and friends behind the bar in The Travellers? The Gents outside toilet was disgusting with some using the sinks when there was a queue

Tiffany's?

• Thanks 1