Live music of all types

I need some ideas! My 3 year old has Cerebral Palsy.

We have found out by chance she LOVES live dance, music and singing! It is like a magical experience, she just stops whatever she is doing and is totally absorbed in it, whether it be drumming, choral, brass band, Indian or whatever.

I was wondering if anyone knew of daytime live music anywhere? Like maybe lunchtime recitals? I would love to be able to take her to different things. It's great she has this passion and it is very theraputic too.

Thanks

I'm sorry to say that as far as I know there is nothing of the sort in Sheffield. I am a musician and play regularly in Sheff, but exclusively in the evenings. Live music seems to be inextricably linked to going out and boozing. I may be moving in the wrong circles, but for the most part, money to pay musicians is generated by sales of booze.

I would, however, be more than happy to play for your little girl for absolutely nothing. Got any venue ideas?

• 2 years later...

I know this is completely out of date, but Music in the Round at the crucible does lunchtime concerts, there are loads scheduled for Spring 2009. It's a nice little venue, not in the main crucible but in a smaller side room, they have lots of good stuff on, piano recitals, ensemble 360 and some more fun bits and pieces, some aimed at kids.

Archived