Sheffield Station Campus Development

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

There is a collection facility at that entrance where Advance tickets can be purchased. Rail cards can still be purchased from the ticket office on the main concourse, as has always been the case.

Yes I know and collectively what we have done is repeat what has been said periodically for 35 years when the European open station idea was reversed and revenue protection gained ascendancy and the tram route was planned.

The  Government wants...

Network Rail wants...

The station operators want...

The Council wants...

Symca wants...

The tram operators and users want...

Park Hill residents want...

The developers will offer...?

5 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Yes I know and collectively what we have done is repeat what has been said periodically for 35 years when the European open station idea was reversed and revenue protection gained ascendancy and the tram route was planned.

The  Government wants...

Network Rail wants...

The station operators want...

The Council wants...

Symca wants...

The tram operators and users want...

Park Hill residents want...

The developers will offer...?

It's worth noting that for a while the TOC in charge of the station and the tram operator were owned by the same company and a baton system was in place when revenue blocks were done that allowed people to pass through. 

Don't get me wrong, as a regular rail user, I do find barriers to be a pain. I understand why they are there though. 

I'd say it's most probable that the ticket gate instillation will go ahead at Sheffield. Having spoken to Revenue Managers and heard how keen they are, they will definitely be building up plans for when the through bridge goes up and passage is no longer required on the rail bridge to non-passengers.