Sheffield Station Campus Development

20 minutes ago, horribleblob said:

Each to their own, prince al. I'm aware of the building's previous usage.

What do you think about the Old Queens Head [apart from a missing apostrophe]?

Does that look odd within the environment of all the (much) later redevelopments? Would you like to see that go too?

It looks odd because of the monstrosities  built next to it .

3 minutes ago, prince al said:

No that’s fine. It’s a building of historical value, which has architectural and historic interest and which are referred to as a material consideration in a local authority’s development plan.

I agree with you about the Old Queens Head, but I also think the same applies to the old Kennings Building (Workstation/Showroom today), but on that I think we will have to agree to differ.

11 minutes ago, horribleblob said:

I agree with you about the Old Queens Head, but I also think the same applies to the old Kennings Building (Workstation/Showroom today), but on that I think we will have to agree to differ.

Was in the pub around 2005 on a boiling hot summer day.  All the doors were wide open & it was quite busy, when a pigeon just walks in through the front door, right through the main room, jumps up a couple of stairs & leaves by the large glass doors to the Interchange.  😄

Edited by Baron99

I'm not sure I understand some of the comments on here. "Bad for tram users". How? If we there's a separate bridge over the rail tracks from the tram line how is that bad for tram users? I work in town and regularly get off at the station and walk through. This would be fine.

Putting in barriers after the ticket machines in the top atrium sorts anyone without a ticket.  Worked well for Tube customers for years...

"Make room for a bus stop". There's 2 right outside the train station on Sheaf at near the Subway!

The big issue by the station is the taxi rank, drop off points. It's woeful and surely they should have used some of the empty land for better access.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy_terrier said:

I'm not sure I understand some of the comments on here. "Bad for tram users". How? If we there's a separate bridge over the rail tracks from the tram line how is that bad for tram users? I work in town and regularly get off at the station and walk through. This would be fine.

Putting in barriers after the ticket machines in the top atrium sorts anyone without a ticket.  Worked well for Tube customers for years...

"Make room for a bus stop". There's 2 right outside the train station on Sheaf at near the Subway!

The big issue by the station is the taxi rank, drop off points. It's woeful and surely they should have used some of the empty land for better access.

It looks like you will have to walk up the hill to get to the walkway. What about the elderly and disabled/ill ? 

Not sure why they would build it like that. There should be more than enough space from the level of the tram route. Well we know there is, there's another bridge just down the line that's now been closed off, plus the other one near Ponds Forge.

• Like 1