Police Cctv In Loxley Bottom

If you go down Storrs Bridge Lane towards the pond and the derelict brickyard there are 3 police camera's perched behind recently erected metal fencing.

When I got out of my car a loud voice message from the camera told me to leave the area immediately.

Also that bit of road is on the Loxley trail and the steps to the next section has been blocked off.

There doesn't seem to be any changes down there apart from the road that has been retarmacked.

Anyone know the reason for the sudden police camera presence  

1 hour ago, Cody's Granddad said:

If you go down Storrs Bridge Lane towards the pond and the derelict brickyard there are 3 police camera's perched behind recently erected metal fencing.

When I got out of my car a loud voice message from the camera told me to leave the area immediately.

Also that bit of road is on the Loxley trail and the steps to the next section has been blocked off.

There doesn't seem to be any changes down there apart from the road that has been retarmacked.

Anyone know the reason for the sudden police camera presence  

Was it one of these things? 

video-guard-360-cctv-protection-for-building-sites-security-2C7KCD4.jpg

1 hour ago, Cody's Granddad said:

Are you sure they belong to the police?

Contractors use camera systems like the one pictured in another post on sections of road that have been closed, to monitor people ignoring the closure and protect against theft etc.

10 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Unless it's an emergency, it's a gross misuse of power to tell you to leave the area. Strange. It may be worth complaining to the IPCC.

Not necessary on the evidence available to date and in any event the IPCC deals with climate change nowt to do with old bill Think you mean IOPC?

so called police cameras do not operate as described and as pointed out earlier the chances are these are operated privately on private land by a security company 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Man in Crete said:

Not necessary on the evidence available to date and in any event the IPCC deals with climate change nowt to do with old bill Think you mean IOPC?

so called police cameras do not operate as described and as pointed out earlier the chances are these are operated privately on private land by a security company 

I was talking about The Independent Police Complaints Commission. 

If Granddad wasn't on their land, they have no business telling him to leave the area. Some of these security companies think they are above the law.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I was talking about The Independent Police Complaints Commission. 

If Granddad wasn't on their land, they have no business telling him to leave the area. Some of these security companies think they are above the law.

Might be a better idea to speak to the land owner or security company. The position of the camera / sensors probably just needs adjusting if it’s picking people up outside the fenced off works area.

• Like 1

Now I think about it maybe it wasn't police but the pic shown by Resident is what were there.

The camera's were on derelict land and behind metal fencing.

I was parked on a public road and it is a public path in fact it is [art of the Loxley trail.

I will have to revisit this place and find out what the camera's belong  to as they were draped in yellow and black tape so presumed they were police camera's.

I will also put this to the IPPC as suggested.

The voice was very clear and quite loud and said you are on CCTV please leave immediately