Police Cctv In Loxley Bottom

6 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

This is poor and unsafe advice.

Public highways are sometimes closed. That might be because of a safety issue or work is in progress and it isn’t safe for the public to use the highway.

The cameras / messages are just reinforcing that the highway is closed and people should not be in the restricted area.

Telling people to ignore this isn’t a great idea.

In this case, though, @Planner1, the cameras/sensors are on a private site, and I am not aware of highway authorities using this system - maybe you could prove your claim?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

In this case, though, @Planner1, the cameras/sensors are on a private site, and I am not aware of highway authorities using this system - maybe you could prove your claim?

I’ve seen them used on a road closure in Derbyshire a few months back.

Just now, Planner1 said:

I’ve seen them used on a road closure in Derbyshire a few months back.

Fair enough - I must admit I haven't, although the one in question here are on private land, operated by a private company, and as has been pointed out previously are wrongly positioned/calibrated if they are picking up traffic on the public highway.

13 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Fair enough - I must admit I haven't, although the one in question here are on private land, operated by a private company, and as has been pointed out previously are wrongly positioned/calibrated if they are picking up traffic on the public highway.

I’ve only seen them once. They were operated by a private company. Looked like the one in the picture. My guess would be that the contractor carrying out the works had them in place for security reasons. Theft from construction sites is a significant issue after all.

In the initial post the OP mentions some steps to a trail being closed, so it’s not clear whether any highway ( which can be a footpath etc) closure is involved. 

The things are automatic devices. They record images when they detect movement and give out recorded voice messages. They just need adjusting if they are triggering when people are passing on the public highway, thats all. I’d guess there are contact details on the device if anyone wants to mention it to the suppliers/operators.

1 minute ago, Planner1 said:

I’ve only seen them once. They were operated by a private company. Looked like the one in the picture. My guess would be that the contractor carrying out the works had them in place for security reasons. Theft from construction sites is a significant issue after all.

In the initial post the OP mentions some steps to a trail being closed, so it’s not clear whether any highway ( which can be a footpath etc) closure is involved. 

The things are automatic devices. They record images when they detect movement and give out recorded voice messages. They just need adjusting if they are triggering when people are passing on the public highway, thats all. I’d guess there are contact details on the device if anyone wants to mention it to the suppliers/operators.

I understand there legally has to be.

I do need to pop back and get more information on who operates these camera's.

I will point out that the road does not go anywhere except to a private fishing pond so access to that would be required.

The road is a public road and no signs were placed on any part saying this road is closed.

The camera's are very close to the bottom end near the pond and the area is completely derelict.

However they where plans to build an estate on that lad and demolish it but nothing has been started and the land has been derelict for years.

The road down up to recently was badly potholed and you drove down with caution but it has for some reason been fully re tarmacd  and I think that may be because they are ready to take down large waggons to start the demolition but I have no proof of that.

I think I am wrong about the trail being closed off I was looking in the wrong place.

d

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

If it is the old Hepworth Refactory site, they have had a huge amount of issues with trespassing, vandalism and even impromptu drone racing!

I’d bet they’ve just stepped up security because of all those things and overreached a little.

Possibly, but there is nothing there to vandalise as its just old buildings that are falling to bits.

You cant vandalise a building with no windows or roof and there is clearly nothing to steal.

18 hours ago, Cody's Granddad said:

I do need to pop back and get more information on who operates these camera's.

I will point out that the road does not go anywhere except to a private fishing pond so access to that would be required.

The road is a public road and no signs were placed on any part saying this road is closed.

The camera's are very close to the bottom end near the pond and the area is completely derelict.

However they where plans to build an estate on that lad and demolish it but nothing has been started and the land has been derelict for years.

The road down up to recently was badly potholed and you drove down with caution but it has for some reason been fully re tarmacd  and I think that may be because they are ready to take down large waggons to start the demolition but I have no proof of that.

I think I am wrong about the trail being closed off I was looking in the wrong place.

d

According to loxley fishery facebook page the road has been repaired due to anglers not using the pond,the pond owners have been trying for quite a while to get it repaired but the land owners refused to pay for it,so yorkshire water stepped in and paid for the road repair