Shocking Moment Gang Of Robbers Mob Man 'Like A Pack Of Hyenas.

This sort of violence is nationwide, I for one wouldn’t want to be in a U.K. town/city centre after dark without back up. It’s no use telling us that SCC is a safe place to be at night, it isn’t, I wouldn’t want to be out after dark in any Sheffield suburb either.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest busdriver1
7 minutes ago, crookesey said:

This sort of violence is nationwide, I for one wouldn’t want to be in a U.K. town/city centre after dark without back up. It’s no use telling us that SCC is a safe place to be at night, it isn’t, I wouldn’t want to be out after dark in any Sheffield suburb either.

Completely agree, I for one was threatened with a gun not far from the City Centre and have no connection with drugs, teenagers or gangs. My crime? I was white and in an area where that was seen by some of the locals as unacceptable. That was mid afternoon. 

Sorry remind me what that ridiculous flag actually means.

4 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

Completely agree, I for one was threatened with a gun not far from the City Centre and have no connection with drugs, teenagers or gangs. My crime? I was white and in an area where that was seen by some of the locals as unacceptable. That was mid afternoon. 

Sorry remind me what that ridiculous flag actually means.

Shocking in the extreme sorry you went through that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, crookesey said:

I've been out in Sheffield city centre at night loads of times, never had any issues. How could that be, if it's inherently unsafe?

Edited by Delbow
  • Like 2

Not a good idea wearing expensive items on show someone will try to  take it. But sometimes you don't need to have things on show to be mugged either. My main concern would be what are they carrying on them a knife maybe or a gun ?  As for this Purple Flag award it's just to get people into city centre at night it's about economics not how safe a place is a lot of crime goes unreported each day and figures can be made to what you want them to say.  Don't mind visiting the city centre in the day but going at night now no chance.  

On 29/02/2024 at 18:24, *Wallace* said:

Shocking in the extreme sorry you went through that.

Not surprised I have seen someone throw a gun into the River Don before now a few years ago lucky for me they didn't see me. 

Went out for a meal on West Street with the family last night, came out of the restaurant at about 21.00, it was really quiet. I guess that's the cost of living crisis biting, it didn't used to be like that. God knows how anyone is making a living in the night time economy at the moment.

14 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Went out for a meal on West Street with the family last night, came out of the restaurant at about 21.00, it was really quiet. I guess that's the cost of living crisis biting, it didn't used to be like that. God knows how anyone is making a living in the night time economy at the moment.

It’s because there’s a load of numpties too scared to step beyond their own doorstep thinking the city is like a never-ending game of Grand Theft Auto.

It really isn’t. It’s fine.

Sheffield really only has a few small dodgy areas and none are in the city centre.

• Like 3