Hairy Biker Dave Dies Aged 66

iansheff

It must have been unexpected as it was sudden? 

It was probably on a month or so ago that I saw Si King interviewed on tv say that Dave Myers was in good health & they were preparing to get back on the road to do another series of programmes. 

The two of them were great. 

11 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

It was probably on a month or so ago that I saw Si King interviewed on tv say that Dave Myers was in good health & they were preparing to get back on the road to do another series of programmes. 

Can't put it better myself.

RIP Dave.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/02/2024 at 21:26, Baron99 said:

I'm ambivalent about this. As you say, Si said he was doing well and there was the TV show at Christmas. On the other hand, Dave said he didn't want to reveal what sort of cancer he had as he didn't want the papers wagering bets on how long he had to live, which makes me think it was an incurable form of cancer. The picture of him on the sofa with Si, his arms look so frail and slim. There was obviously muscle wastage going on which makes me think it was pancreatic cancer perhaps. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 29/02/2024 at 19:14, iansheff said:

Just reading about the death of Dave Myers 2 years after being diagnosed with cancer. I used to enjoy watching the Hairy Bikers various programmes, they didn't take themselves too seriously and up for a laugh.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68433675

I only saw them during lockdown and liked some USA episodes that I watched. Really great pair who were welcomed into lots of places by the Americans. I liked the programmes. Just read that link which has a lot of info. I couldn't have named either of them if in a pub quiz, but I enjoyed their programmes. 

Some people just have something  in their personalities that works on TV. They just chat and ask questions, and it's interesting. Rare talent to be honest.  

• 3 weeks later...