Scam Calls.

1 hour ago, pattricia said:

I asked for their phone number and they gave it to me, which I wanted to pass on to BT but can’t find the correct number to report scam calls.

You should have asked them. 😉

I always report any calls to the Information Commissioners Office, takes a minute to complete the form Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).

I got them regularly on my mobile always from O2 saying can save me money and reduce my bill. The last one she was saying how she would reduce my bill, I said wow that's brilliant , fantastic it's always good to save money, I then said can you tell me how you are going to do that as I am not an O2 customer, I said just another scam call and I will report the call and the number to the ICO and she hung up.

Is it a 'scam' call, or just a 'sales' call?

If a sales call you can use TPS to get yourself removed from call lists (all decent call centres will always remove TPS registered numbers from their calling data).

However, if it is a 'scam' call there's little you can do - those acting irresponsibly or illegally won't care about the TPS register and often those type calls will originate from overseas. Best to just be firm, ask them not to ring again and block the number.

You can always report numbers to your telephone service provider too.

3 hours ago, pattricia said:

Is there a special number at BT to phone for scam calls ?  I’m having them every day on my landline. It’s always a foreign voice so it’s hard to hear them.

If I get a call from  anyone not on my call list I   do not even pick up the phone if it's a genuine call they will always leave a message, on my mobile a message comes up  suspected spam I dont answer just block caller,  had 6 calls yesterday one after another all blocked.

• Like 1

Despite being TPS registered I get them regularily , most are overseas but disguise their numbers to make it seem UK , there are a few chancers that try it on from UK numbers but they are mainly energy or  double glazing

The main culprits masquerade as Amazon , Microsoft or Visa but it is the same scams every time . You think they would try and change their patter

I read a few weeks ago that there's a scam where someone says 'can you hear me?' when you answer. If you say yes they are using this as voice recognition to make purchases. I thought it sounded a bit far fetched until this morning when my phone rang. I answered it and a man said ' Hi, can you hear me ok?' I put the phone down!

• Like 1