The Best Pubs In Sheffield?

• SheffieldForum changed the title to The Best Pubs In Sheffield?
16 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Pubs have been mentioned in various threads recently, so it got me thinking - 

What are the best pubs in Sheffield?

What makes a good pub?

What's the most unique pub in Sheffield?

What's the worst/roughest pub in Sheffield?

We've not got a pub now in Shiregreen, not one!

Must have been about 20 back in the day.

All gone, and replaced by Takeaways or Flats.

2 WMC left.  Sheffield Lane top & Hartley House.

• Sad 2

34 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Pubs have been mentioned in various threads recently, so it got me thinking - 

What are the best pubs in Sheffield?

What makes a good pub?

What's the most unique pub in Sheffield?

What's the worst/roughest pub in Sheffield?

Well there’s no point in criticising a SCC pub as everything in it is wonderful according to you guys.

I’m out of touch with the likes of the Nursery Tavern and the Broomhill pubs that I used to frequent, the Union Hotel still does well, because it’s run well.

1 hour ago, crookesey said:

Well there’s no point in criticising a SCC pub as everything in it is wonderful according to you guys.

I’m out of touch with the likes of the Nursery Tavern and the Broomhill pubs that I used to frequent, the Union Hotel still does well, because it’s run well.

Not been in the Nursery for a few years now, but recently had a few nights around Broomhill. It's a good run round there from the Tavern to The York, Fox & Duck, Bloomery, Notty House, etc. Enjoyed some good nights up the road at The Old Grindstone too recently.

Don't think I've ever actually been in the Union Hotel (one to try sometime soon maybe!).

(Also, no need for the passive-aggressive meta comments on each thread. If you have an issue with me feel free to PM me, or if you have an issue with the forum feel free to post in the Forum Feedback section, thanks).

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, spilldig said:

City centres a no go now no public transport to get home after a skin full and taxis to much hassle.

Whereabouts are you travelling to/from?

The City Centre still has a few decent places, but understandable if you can't get there/back.

1 hour ago, spilldig said:

City centres a no go now no public transport to get home after a skin full and taxis to much hassle.

Buses still run until after 11pm, don’t they, so you should be ok getting home.

I’ve got a soft spot for the Red Deer in town, and The Gardeners in Kelham. Closer to my home, The Broadfield is nice and The Brothers (Shakespeare) has the best view of any beer garden in Sheffield.

1 hour ago, crookesey said:

Union Hotel, Pleased to hear that it's still doing well after all these years. Always did have good management. A true local pub. Really wish I was close enough to call in for a pint or two but those days are gone.

I like the atmosphere and beer choice in the Red Deer and often end up there if in town of an evening. And they have Veggie/Vegan food on the menu. Out of the centre, my favourite is the Brothers Arms for the range of beers too and the garden view (was there last week sat out in the cold).

If leaving late from town, I find walking home (a leisurely 45 minutes) to be beneficial.

• Like 1