Back Up To Speed

5 hours ago, gaz678 said:

About time should make it 80mph these days !

Spot onΒ :thumbsup:

Β 

If the speed limit is going up because emissions are going down.

Roll on more electric cars we can up our motorway to autobahnΒ  standardsΒ :banana: Β Β Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gaz678 said:

About time should make it 80mph these days !

It's 80 here in France (well 130kmph) apart from round towns / cities where there are a number of junctions close together, then it's 60 as a rule although occasionally 50. The 80 limit is relatively strictly enforced by cameras - leeway a max of 5%.

Β 

Motorways here are a lot less crowded than the UK except round major cities or during weekends in the holiday season (mid Jul - late August.

Β 

If the UK had an 80 limit I'm pretty sure a lot of people - me included - would drive close to 90.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Longcol said:

It's 80 here in France (well 130kmph) apart from round towns / cities where there are a number of junctions close together, then it's 60 as a rule although occasionally 50. The 80 limit is relatively strictly enforced by cameras - leeway a max of 5%.

Β 

Motorways here are a lot less crowded than the UK except round major cities or during weekends in the holiday season (mid Jul - late August.

Β 

If the UK had an 80 limit I'm pretty sure a lot of people - me included - would drive close to 90.

Then that makes you irresponsible and also potentially a reckless driver.

Shame on you :rant:

:razz:

• Like 1

Promised results a year ago, finally scrapped it today.Β  I'm going to guess the results were not clear enough to prove reducing the speed limit actually did anything?

Β 

• Like 1

It makes economic sense for drivers doing more than 20k miles/year to use electric so you would see more of them as motorway traffic.Β 
Since they were unable to collect the information required in order for a proper study they have wasted theΒ opportunity.

Β 

9 hours ago, Longcol said:

Β 

Β 

and why notΒ :thumbsup:

Β 

9 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Then that makes you irresponsible and also potentially a reckless driver.

Shame on you :rant:

:razz:

Sorry DADDY on this occasion I'll have to disagree with yer.

There aren't many modern cars that aren't capable of travelling (and stopping)Β 'safely' at well above our current speed limits.

High speeds doesn't mean reckless.

50/60 was always ridiculous, up the limit, reduce the time around hot spots ofΒ poor air qualityΒ :banana:

80 will do for a start,

Replacing the stupid live lanes on so called 'Smart' motorways, might have been a better idea firstΒ :huh:

Β 

Keep safe out thereΒ 8)Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

10 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Spot onΒ :thumbsup:

Β 

If the speed limit is going up because emissions are going down.

Roll on more electric cars we can up our motorway to autobahnΒ  standards

Β 

Β 

The first autobahns I travelled on in the late β€˜50s were constructed of sectioned concrete with gaps in between and were noisy and awful to travel on. It was like travelling on the old railway lines. No doubt laid down by the Third Reich for speedy movement of troops!
Β 

echo.