Back Up To Speed

12 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Then that makes you irresponsible and also potentially a reckless driver.

Shame on you :rant:

:razz:

In South Yorkshire the lawman allows 10% plus 3 so legally you would be OK at 91 mph 😀 

4 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

and why not :thumbsup:

Sorry DADDY on this occasion I'll have to disagree with yer.

There aren't many modern cars that aren't capable of travelling (and stopping) 'safely' at well above our current speed limits.

High speeds doesn't mean reckless.

50/60 was always ridiculous, up the limit, reduce the time around hot spots of poor air quality :banana:

80 will do for a start,

Replacing the stupid live lanes on so called 'Smart' motorways, might have been a better idea first :huh:

Keep safe out there 8) 

Twas only a joke Rockers me old mate😁

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Spot on :thumbsup:

If the speed limit is going up because emissions are going down.

Roll on more electric cars we can up our motorway to autobahn  standards :banana:    

Autobahn stormer 😃

3 hours ago, echo beach said:

The first autobahns I travelled on in the late ‘50s were constructed of sectioned concrete with gaps in between and were noisy and awful to travel on. It was like travelling on the old railway lines. No doubt laid down by the Third Reich for speedy movement of troops!

echo.

The A180 still has a few bits of the BRRRRR-DUNK,  BRRRRR-DUNK,  BRRRRR-DUNK concrete sections left  🥴 🥴.

Tarmacked Autobahns and tracked vehicles wouldn't have worked although Amey would have liked the contract 😀.

Talking of tracked vehicles 

Kettenkrad Motorcycle Tank - (SILODROME)

😍

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Back up to speed and not before time. 🏍️🏍️ 🚚🚚 🚗🚗

Motorway 60mph restrictions to be scrapped (msn.com) 

I am not going to wet my knickers with excitement too much yet.

Given this withdrawal has been very nicely conveniently timed with the fact we now have to face endless 50mph limited roadworks in the exact same area so they can replace the hard shoulder that they previously removed when they installed the dumb motorways.

If I was more cynical Id suggest that this announcement is simply fodder for the SY mayoral elections coming up. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

I am not going to wet my knickers with excitement too much yet.

Given this withdrawal has been very nicely conveniently timed with the fact we now have to face endless 50mph limited roadworks in the exact same area so they can replace the hard shoulder that they previously removed when they installed the dumb motorways.

If I was more cynical Id suggest that this announcement is simply fodder for the SY mayoral elections coming up. 

I was of the same thought.

Back to normal till you hit the cash cows    sorry 50 zones 😀 

2 hours ago, gaz678 said:

In South Yorkshire the lawman allows 10% plus 3 so legally you would be OK at 91 mph 😀 

Not quite correct.

APCO guidlines state 10% +2 for the starting point for a FPN IF the officer feels that educating the driver roadside.

So in theory you could do 89 and be fine HOWEVER they are simply guidelines and if the officer chooses then they can issue FPN from 3mph over the limit as they have to give the 2mph due to 'device tolerances'. 

Most forces that operate fixed cameras on motorways have them set as per guidelines but not all. 

image.png.1265850e17ae76501e9769263cd32f24.png

23 hours ago, Padders said:

Were not all Lewis Hamilton's you know.

Or Rockers!

80 mph is a little fast when you are on your mobile padders 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1