Oliver Coppard Lays Out Case For Bus Franchising In South Yorkshire

2 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Everyone has a timetable in their bag nowadays — their phone.

Not if they run out of internet or battery. Paper timetables don't rely on a connection or power. SYMCA failing their constituents and failing to deliver what our bus companies pay them for. Several bus stops don't even have timetables on display in the shelter, e.g. Glossop Road/West Street. Yet the bus companies are always very good for displaying information themselves onboard their buses. Says a lot.

Just now, RollingJ said:

Can I ask why?

I just use a pay as you go and top up when needed, which is rarely with having landlines at my business and home. I've been treated badly by phone companies in the past and refuse to sign another contract with them.

Just now, Irene Swaine said:

I just use a pay as you go and top up when needed, which is rarely with having landlines at my business and home. I've been treated badly by phone companies in the past and refuse to sign another contract with them.

Fair enough. I have a £6.00/mo 'contract' SIM in my phone that gives me unlimited calls - and is used everywhere, including at home and 1GB of data, which rarely gets used - I usually only pay £5.00/mo, as I get a £1.00 discount if I don't use the data. Admittedly, I do always have an iPad with me which has a 24GB/24month allowance - costs roughly £35.00, and I have never used all the data by the time it becomes time-expired.